What's new

New Knots Are Here

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So the mail person delivered the New knots from Maggards today
I washed out the 70/30 Badger/Boar mix out and Bloomed it with a Maggard
2 Band Badger ,both are 24mm .
First impression of the mix is it is a full and dense knot and compared to the 2 band much stiffer but soft. How can that be ? well that is how it feels after being washed out.
I suppose after the boar breaks in ,it will be a wonderful knot.
As for the brown synthetic ,they seem soft. I will know a little more after I set them in a handle. As for the synthetics I am thinking I still like their tan and Brown best I guess we will see. The Badger Boar Mix is on the Left
Badger & Boar Mix 70 30.jpg
Badger & Boar Mix 70 30.jpg3.jpg
Maggards Synthetics.jpg

I'm definitely ordering a mixed knot for a bocote handle I have. I'm kinda waiting to see how you feel about it first though. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about going back to natural hair because I've been using synthetics for a while now. Oh well, I guess variety is the spice of life! Can't wait to see what you do with em!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Only if they were Tribbles, I would't have to pay for them and I would have a endless supply :eek: And wait there is more I have 10 23.5mm Horse Hair knots
that I have to do something with also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Maybe they are Tribbles

Nice to see an actual picture of the new knots, I definitely cannot wait to see what you do with them. I've got an order ready to go with Maggards, I should have one of each early next week to check out. I'm glad to see that the mixed knot is full and it looks like it has the properties I was hoping for.

Top Bottom