What's new

New guy

Hey y'all,

My name is Jacob, I'm 25 and new to wet-shaving. I always considered shaving a chore and often used cheap junk from discount stores (canned foam, plastic disposables). I've always enjoyed a challenge and appreciated the art of learning a skill, and for some reason, I wanted to try a shavette; Maybe the idea of cost effectiveness drew me in, who knows. Anyway, fast forward a month or so, my appreciation for wet-shaving has grown exponentially and I find the geographical aspects absolutely fascinating, particularly with blades. Thank you all for the incredibly insightful posts and information, looking forward to participating!

Attachments

• 119667872_999362483861508_4952706045578330329_n.jpg
    119667872_999362483861508_4952706045578330329_n.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 20
Welcome to B&B. Please do ask lots of questions to learn and improve your skill set with whichever blade you use.
The enjoyment of this hobby is limitless and so is the amount of money you can spend if you allow yourself!😀

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Welcome from Cebu, Philippines and to the gentlemanly art of straight razor (SR) shaving. Yes, a shavette is an SR.

Welcome to B&B. Please do ask lots of questions to learn and improve your skill set with whichever blade you use.
The enjoyment of this hobby is limitless and so is the amount of money you can spend if you allow yourself![emoji3]

I’ve spent quite a bit, perhaps more than I’m comfortable with lol.

In regards to your blade comment, i’ve actually been wondering if one could essentially “become accustom” to a chosen blade?

There are many threads i’ve seen that mention finding the right DE blade for your skin, but could I easily just adapt to what i’m using already? I have a ton of Gillette Nacets; great blade, immediately bought 300. However, my last couple of shaves have left stubble and small patches of non-visible irritation, particularly on my left cheek. Assuming this is just a technique deficiency, I’d love to continue using these awesome blades in my shavettes.

Sorry for the long message.

Thanks!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Best you pop on over to the Straight Razor section and ask any questions you may have there.

I’ve spent quite a bit, perhaps more than I’m comfortable with lol.

In regards to your blade comment, i’ve actually been wondering if one could essentially “become accustom” to a chosen blade?

There are many threads i’ve seen that mention finding the right DE blade for your skin, but could I easily just adapt to what i’m using already? I have a ton of Gillette Nacets; great blade, immediately bought 300. However, my last couple of shaves have left stubble and small patches of non-visible irritation, particularly on my left cheek. Assuming this is just a technique deficiency, I’d love to continue using these awesome blades in my shavettes.

Sorry for the long message.

Thanks!
I think the search for the "right" blade is overstated. Most blades will work with good technique.

Top Bottom