What's new

New guy wants to treat himself....suggestions?

I got the SB Vector, but ended up sending it back. It just didn't give me the carefree easy shave my post-war Tech did, so I am just going to stick with what works, maybe keep an eye out in case anyone builds a better Tech.

It just didn't give me the carefree easy shave my post-war Tech did, so I am just going to stick with what works, maybe keep an eye out in case anyone builds a better Tech.
If it works well why change it. Can't go wrong with a Tech at the correct blade angle from what I hear.

I got the SB Vector, but ended up sending it back. It just didn't give me the carefree easy shave my post-war Tech did, so I am just going to stick with what works, maybe keep an eye out in case anyone builds a better Tech.
The English Flat Bottom Tech.
20221125_190059[1].jpg
~doug~

...maybe keep an eye out in case anyone builds a better Tech.

Someone did: the Feather ASD2.

Well, maybe not better, but a modern razor, made of stainless steel, that shaves very much on par with a Tech.

I have eight Techs, and love my ASD2, though it may be a lateral move from a Tech, rather than a true upgrade in terms of the actual shave/performance.

I prefer mild razors and use both, but admit that my most used is razor the Feather. My rotation probably looks something like this: Feather, Tech, Feather, Gillette New OC, Feather, Tech, Feather, Superspeed, Game Changer 68P...and so on. It is mainly the Feather with a sprinkling of a few other razors, mostly vintage Gillette.

The ASD2 is a great mild shaver, in my experience, but is it really an upgrade from a Tech? It is a very well made and mild razor, more like a more modern counterpart to a Tech.

So, really, it is a matter of what you are looking for in an upgrade. If you just want a modern razor that shaves very much like a Tech, the Feather might work for you. If you want something a bit more agressive, yet still mild, the Feather might just be more of the same, and not worth the expense.

I won't go into the boring details, but I like the Feather well enough to have purchased it twice.

Get a Yates or a Henson. Yates if you want a well made stainless steel great mild to medium shaver. Henson if you want a no chance for nicks lightweight very highly engineered mild shaver.

Glad you sent back the Vector. Stay with the Tech and perfect your technique.

Top Bottom