What's new

New guy here.

Hello everyone,

My name is Irfan. I guess I am not really a newbie as I have been wetshaving for two years and lurking on this site for even longer then that as I was trying to get up the gumption to put a real blade to my face after years of not really knowing how to shave.

However, I am a newbie as a member so I thought I would introduce myself. I originally got into wetshaving because of the terrible ingrown hairs I suffer from. I still struggle with ingrown hairs to this day, and even though most of the issue is gone (75%) there is so much scaring and discoloration from two decades of shaving 6 days a week the wrong way with multiple blade razors it is hard to tell the improvement. A lesson to those who have sons, they need to be taught how to shave correctly from the beginning. Especially if that son happens to be from the Middle East, or the Mediterranean where the men tend to have coarse beards that go from the top of their cheeks (practically there eyeballs), all the way to the base of their neck and connect to the hairline on the sides. Oh vey, so much to shave:)

Anyways, though I originally got into wetshaving to reduce ingrown hair, I quickly took to it as a hobby. I would say this site along with youtube had a lot to do with that. My acquisition order kicked in pretty early as I was buying brushes, razors, blades, and especially creams and soaps to no end. It was costly but enjoyable, the smells, textures, and different lathers that the soaps and creams produced was really something I enjoyed.

Today I am better. I have some rules for myself that really help me to control the size of my den. I can not justify to myself having soaps that will never be used more than a few times, because my den is simply so big. So I limit myself to no more then 10 soaps or creams (including shave sticks, which I think are highly underrated). Also, no more then 5 razors and 5 brushes. This causes me to really think about my purchases and to give away (now that I am a member maybe sell) soaps and creams I don't like. Luckily I have a couple friends who are into the hobby and will gladly take anything I don't want.

Anyways, I found this hobby to be great. It has also lead me to being a frag head (cologne user, buyer, and hobbyist). It has made shaving something to look forward to and I have learned so much from reading the posts on this site. Really even over the 3 or so years that I have been lurking I have seen such an explosion of both info and products that it is amazing. The desire to be a real gentleman and to have class is a real movement and I find that very refreshing. My favorite cream is NancyBoy signature, it lathers like a beast. My favorite croap is RazoRock XXX because the smell is amazing and my favorite soap is DR Harris windsor, because I love tallow in my soaps.

If you post videos on youtube, I have probably also seen your videos. I look forward to getting to know people here. Sorry if the intro was too long.

[MENTION=110011]irfan977[/MENTION] Two years a Lurker...should be a movie title. For whatever reason you didn't sign up before we are all glad you did now. Welcome to Badger & Blade! Now as a member there are some additional features that you didn't have before. Poke around in all the forums and find a discussion you like. Then jump right on in.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Top Bottom