What's new

New Favorite...Rockwell 6C!

And new favorite blade...
00BE4CDD-E267-4BAE-891F-02684EA5EDD3.jpeg
Ā 
Which plate?

The 6c/6s are good value for what you get... Bit bulky, but undeniably effective
Plate 3...first plate I tried and it was wonderful! I have a couple of Canadian razors šŸŖ’ on order. But, honestly, if I only had this one razor and blade, I would be happy. I actually donā€™t find it too big. As a matter of fact, I will be selling my smaller Gillette razors in the future, because I like the size of the Rockwell. I canā€™t believe my favorite razor and blade (so far!) are made in the U.S.A.
Of course, it probably helps that Iā€™m getting my technique and shave ritual down! Shower...pre shave...hot towel...cold rinse...quality soap...slooow shave (2 pass + touch up), warm rinse...dry...cool rinse...alum...cool rinse...dry...witch hazel...get dressed...post shave balm...lol
Actually, if I wouldā€™ve been as careful when shaving with my Fusion, I probably would have had much better shaves!šŸ¤£
Ā 
Last edited:
Feels good when you find your match....nice.
Thanks, gdawg55!
I can't believe it's been less than a month since I started my search for the perfect shave and I'm already happy! :thumbup:I thought this was going to take months! This forum (and YouTube shave videos!) are the way to get the information you need to achieve shaving nirvana!šŸ§˜ā€ā™‚ļø
P.S. I have a Lupo and a Karve on the way. But, I would be very surprised if they can beat what I experienced today!;)
Ā 
Last edited:
Congratulations! The Rockwell is indeed a wonderful shaver. Next - step up to a 6S to have your favorite razor in "built like a tank" version!
Ā 
Thanks, gdawg55!
I can't believe it's been less than a month since I started my search for the perfect shave and I'm already happy! :thumbup:I thought this was going to take months! This forum (and YouTube shave videos!) are the way to get the information you need to achieve shaving nirvana!šŸ§˜ā€ā™‚ļø
P.S. I have a Lupo and a Karve on the way. But, I would be very surprised if they can beat what I experienced today!;)

You will like the Lupo.....great razor. I didn't have much luck with Karve, but YMMV. This is a fun hobby so enjoy.
Ā 
The Rockwell 6S was my first razor and when I used it with a Personna Red I got noticeably smoother shaves than I had experienced previously. It's a great combo.
Ā 
My Rockwell 6s has brought me nothing but joy. I use the R4 for my first pass then switch to the R3 for everything else. It's the only razor I feel I need.
Ā 
Reactions: nav
No complaints with my Rockwell 6S. Great razor. Bought a 6C to use as a travel razor. It has cockeyed, miscut threads. Not tragic but not what I would expect from a high end company like Rockwell. Contacted their CS. First they wanted pictures; sent them. Next they wanted a video (video???) of me screwing and unscrewing the head on the handle...huh???
Said forget it. No offer of return for inspection. No offer of replacement or refund. Just a request for a video. Figured for what? $30.00? Iā€™ll keep it until I find someone who wants to buy it.
Video????
Ā 
No complaints with my Rockwell 6S. Great razor. Bought a 6C to use as a travel razor. It has cockeyed, miscut threads. Not tragic but not what I would expect from a high end company like Rockwell. Contacted their CS. First they wanted pictures; sent them. Next they wanted a video (video???) of me screwing and unscrewing the head on the handle...huh???
Said forget it. No offer of return for inspection. No offer of replacement or refund. Just a request for a video. Figured for what? $30.00? Iā€™ll keep it until I find someone who wants to buy it.
Video????

The 6c is I believe made overseas while the 6s is made in North America. So quality control is probably better on the 6s in addition to the much better quality of metal.
Ā 
Top Bottom