What's new

New chance for GC84

I got a Razorock Gamechanger 84 a while ago. I had been trying different blades but it seemed to be the same shave every time, tuggy and non efficient. I kept reading that some really liked this razor, so I kept using different blades to no avail. I left it for a while, a good long while actually. Then recently, I found an old pack of Feathers which I had used a couple of times, but didn’t use too often. I thought, why not? Well, that darn razor came alive! It swept through every angle, going smoothly, cutting 2 days growth, no problem! Here I was, thinking that it was not working for me, but I was proven wrong! You just never know.

The trick with Feather blades:

. . . The less pressure, the better.

You must have faith that the edge will cut any hair it touches. And you must _not_ push it through the lubricating film that the lather provides for your skin.

It's just like a well-honed straight razor.

I've used Feather in my .84 only once and it was fantastic. I was using very light pressure while shaving, because I never felt that I had to force the razor to do it's job. You should try Nacet, Perma-Sharp, Personna Lab Blue, Wizamet/Polsilver SI and BIC Chrome Platinum. All of these blades are plenty of sharp and just slightly below Feather.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I got a Razorock Gamechanger 84 a while ago. I had been trying different blades but it seemed to be the same shave every time, tuggy and non efficient. I kept reading that some really liked this razor, so I kept using different blades to no avail. I left it for a while, a good long while actually. Then recently, I found an old pack of Feathers which I had used a couple of times, but didn’t use too often. I thought, why not? Well, that darn razor came alive! It swept through every angle, going smoothly, cutting 2 days growth, no problem! Here I was, thinking that it was not working for me, but I was proven wrong! You just never know.
I have a GC.84 and find it a tame mid range razor and I bought it when Italian barber(Razorock) first introduced it. I tried some of my favourite blades and it just was not the best shave what I expected(wanted) and my technique was not mature. It did not get used as often until I slipped a Kai SS blade in it and now my technique has matured and I receive wonderful shaves.
The Kai SS blade is unique in that it is wider by 9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000 per side of a inch and that is enough to bump the shave up a notch and performs like I always want a razor to perform. The GC.84 is well made and QC is out standing and will last for generations if cared for properly.
I'm glad you found your blade like I did also for the Game changer.84 razor.
For mild razors its good to have a few tucks of Kai SS blades, they are sharp & smoooth and have excellent longevity.(better than shimming a razor anytime IMO.)
YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.jpg
Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! I will give those blades a try, now that I know how wonderful it does with a Feather. The Feathers had been a tad aggressive with other razors, but not with the Gamechanger .84, that razor/blade combination RazoROCKS 😄 now it’s gonna be fun! Never tried a Kai, so that’ll be up first, once I finish the pack of Feathers.

Top Bottom