What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

The Lupo .95SB is the most balanced of the Lupo razors I currently have in the Den. It is a touch more efficient than the GC84-P. Maybe not quite as smooth. Like the GC84-P, it feels like I can use the Lupo .95SB every day. Both the Lupo .95SB and the GC84-P are excellent razors and excellent values. So...Time for some additional comparison shaves. More to follow.

I'll be following that with interest, thanks. Maybe I should try shimming the .84P, as that should make it .90+.

So far, I have resisted buying Lupos, expecting a case of "diminishing returns" compared with the Game Changers.

I liked the look of the cut-away corners ("maybe that's going to make the under-the-nose hairs easier prey, how does anyone ever kill those things dead with a Mach 3?"), but disliked the general opinion here of "more blade feel" (if I wanted that, I'd use my one of my open comb GCs).

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'll be following that with interest, thanks. Maybe I should try shimming the .84P, as that should make it .90+.

So far, I have resisted buying Lupos, expecting a case of "diminishing returns" compared with the Game Changers.

I liked the look of the cut-away corners ("maybe that's going to make the under-the-nose hairs easier prey, how does anyone ever kill those things dead with a Mach 3?"), but disliked the general opinion here of "more blade feel" (if I wanted that, I'd use my one of my open comb GCs).
That is a very fair and reasoned assessment. The GC84-P and the Lupo .95SB are both great razors - especially for their modest (relatively speaking) cost. I'm going to shave with the GC84-P today and the Lupo .95SB on Friday to zero in on how to rank each razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 356 of 356 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221222_141949~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock GC84-P (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (4)
20221222_142023~2.jpg

Brush: Zenith B34 Butterscotch Chubby
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
20221218_114736~2.jpg

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray

Balm: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (applied at bedtime)
20221218_114830~2.jpg

Back to the RazoRock GC84-P for today's shave. An outstanding shave and outstanding results! Be interesting to see if the Lupo .95SB can keep pace. More to follow.

The Zenith B34 Butterscotch Chubby looks cool and performs wonderfully! The Zenith B34 has a solid place as one of my top boar brushes!

This week I'm using Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave and Belcam Volatile EdT Spray. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is applied every night at bedtime. Excellent shaving software!

Superb shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 357 of 357 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221223_124911~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Lupo .95SB (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (5)
20221223_124950~2.jpg

Brush: Omega 10048 (Pro 48) Boar

20221218_114736~2.jpg

20221218_114830~2.jpg

This is the follow-up comparison shave with the RazoRock Lupo .95SB. The .95SB is more efficient than the GC84-P, but not as smooth. That slight reduction in the smoothness attribute makes it slightly more difficult to smooth out my problem areas - especially around my mouth (including the soul patch), along my jawline and the areas of my neck where my beard grows in chaotic swirls. Despite these nits, the Lupo .95SB delivers excellent results and I'm sure that many shavers will choose it. The results from both razors are excellent, very slight nod to the GC84-P.
Bottom line: You can't go wrong with either one of these razors and there is no doubt in my mind that some shavers will reverse the order of preference. In my case, the GC84-P feels more natural on my face, skin and beard, but also in hand. It seemed to be slightly easier for me to get an exceptional shave with the GC84-P. I like both the GC84-P and the Lupo .95SB and both will remain in my Den, but I believe that the GC84-P will be the razor that gets used more often.

The Omega 10048 (Pro 48) Boar was my first boar brush. Still really enjoy using it!

This week I'm using Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave and Belcam Volatile EdT Spray. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is applied every night at bedtime. Excellent shaving software!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Merry Christmas Eve
365 Shaves in 2022: 358 of 358 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221224_140808~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (4)
20221224_140850~2.jpg

Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle

20221224_140948~2.jpg

20221224_141034~2.jpg

My favorite razor is the Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB. It is the best razor in my Den at keeping all of the most important (to me) shaving attributes in balance. My shaves with the Ti Vector SB are totally under control, including touchups around my mouth and soul patch, along my jawline and the areas of my neck where my beard grows in chaotic swirls. Even (when I choose to do so) S -> N from my lip to my nose (the so called "Fool's Pass"). Love the way the Ti Vector SB shaves!

The Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle is my favorite boar brush. The knot. The handle. Great brush!

Last day for this week using Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave and Belcam Volatile EdT Spray. I'll roll out next week's Lather, Aftershave and Fragrance on Sunday. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is applied every night at bedtime. Excellent shaving software!

An exceptionally superb shave! :cool:

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My Lovely Bride always goes overboard for me at Christmas:

20221225_092349~2.jpg

Left to right: @apshaveco Candy Stripe handle with 26mm MiG synthetic knot, Rocnel Sailor Adjustable razor, Canada Unscented soap, Lattafa Perfumes 24 Carat EdP Spray.

The best gift of all is spending our Granddaughter's First Christmas Day together! ❤️

I'm a very fortunate man. ❤️

My Lovely Bride always goes overboard for me at Christmas:

View attachment 1577498

Left to right: @apshaveco Candy Stripe handle with 26mm MiG synthetic knot, Rocnel Sailor Adjustable razor, Canada Unscented soap, Lattafa Perfumes 24 Carat EdP Spray.

The best gift of all is spending our Granddaughter's First Christmas Day together! ❤️

I'm a very fortunate man. ❤️

Congrats on the score - and the granddaughter!

Merry Christmas!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🙏 Merry Christmas 🙏
365 Shaves in 2022: 359 of 359 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221225_092550~2.jpg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
20221225_092741~2.jpg

Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle

Lather: Canada
20221225_092653~2.jpg

Aftershave: Stetson Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: Stetson Cologne Splash

20221224_141034~2.jpg

First shave with my new Rocnel Sailor adjustable razor. Used the following settings: wtg 4, atg 2, xtg 2, touch-ups 1. I want to get a few more shaves in before providing detailed comments. Suffice to say, for now, that this is an excellent razor. More to follow.

Used the Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle again today. Great brush!

Received Canada soap for Christmas. Using it this week to get to know it. Built a beautiful lather. Excellent first impression. More detailed comments to follow after additional shaves. Aftershave splash will be Stetson. Fragrance will be Stetson cologne. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is applied every night at bedtime. Excellent shaving software!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wow, that's quite the new kit you have! Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you, my friend.

The Sailor is certainly very different than the Ti Vector and requires a different technique. My plan is to use the Sailor for the next several shaves to see how well I can adapt to what this razor needs to perform at its best.

The Canada soap came out of the gates like a winner. Built a great lather the first time. Great hydration, slickness, face feel - quite pleasing.

Have to wait to try my new AP Shave Co synthetic brush until DecemBOAR is done.

Hope you had a Very Merry Christmas!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 360 of 360 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221226_203104~2.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
20221226_203012~2.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club (SOC) Premium Boar, Taj Resin Handle

20221225_092653~2.jpg

20221224_141034~2.jpg

Shave number two with the Rocnel Sailor. Used the following settings: wtg 3, atg 1.5, xtg 1.5, touch-ups Zero Dot. Getting things dialed in with the Sailor. All three passes were smooth. The touchup pass using the Zero Dot was very comfortable, but the Zero Dot left a bit on my neck swirls. Might have to go back to 1 for touchups on the neck swirls. Still not 100% dialed in with the extra weight, but I'm wotking on it. The Sailor is an excellent razor. Where it sits in my personal Pantheon of Razors will require more shaves to flesh out.

Second shave using Canada Shave Soap. I usually want more uses and data before making a decision on a soap, but I'm not sure that is going to be necessary with CSS. This is an excellent soap. Beautiful lather. Slick. Cushioning. Good post-shave face feel. I like it!

Plenty written in my Journal regarding the Taj SOC brush, Stetson AS Splash and Stetson Cologne Splash. I hold all three in very high regard.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 361 of 361 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221227_204701~2.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
20221227_204810~2.jpg

Brush: Omega Model 10066 White Handle

20221225_092653~2.jpg

20221224_141034~2.jpg

Third Shave with the Rocnel Sailor. Used the following settings: wtg 5, atg 2.5, xtg 2.5, touch-ups 1.5 (neck) Zero Dot ("goatee" area). Getting things dialed in with the Sailor. Even with the higher settings, all three passes were smooth and very effective. For touch-ups, used the 1.5 setting on my neck and the Zero Dot for the "goatee" areas (upper lip, around the mouth, chin and soul patch). Neck result felt smoother. Still having issues getting the results I know I can get around the mouth and upper lip. That's where my tightest and most difficult to get smooth trouble areas reside. Patience - One step at a time.

I am confident that Canada Shave Soap belongs in my top tier of shaving soaps. CSS is a superb soap. Consistent. Easy to build a beautiful lather. Slick. Cushioning. Good post-shave face feel. Top tier!

Plenty written in my Journal regarding the Omega 10066 White Handle brush, Stetson AS Splash and Stetson Cologne Splash. I hold all three in very high regard.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The adjustable sounds interesting for sure. I'm hoping a Lamda is next on your list to tell us about. :001_smile
I'm considering the Lambda Athena, but have reservations. My face/skin/beard does not usually do well with low blade exposure (think Henson and Winning) razors. It's not clear to me how similar the Athena is to other low blade exposure razors?

Top Bottom