What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 352 of 352 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221218_114538~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock GC84-OC (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (6 and retired)
20221218_114624~2.jpg

Brush: Omega Model 10066 White Handle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
20221218_114736~2.jpg

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray

Balm: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (applied at bedtime)
20221218_114830~2.jpg

Continuing on the reasonably priced razors that I haven't used in some time journey: The RazoRock GC84-OC is in the spotlight for Sunday's shave. Same Personna Israeli Platinum Red blade (6th and final shave). Went with the GTC 25g handle. The GC84-OC is medium/high efficient, medium smooth, medium nimble and maneuverable, medium predictable = a medium+ effective razor that produces consistent DFS or better results! :001_wub:

The Omega Model 10066 White Handle costs ~US$10.00. It is one of my favorite boar brushes - period. I love using this brush! :001_wub:

This week I'm using Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave and Belcam Volatile EdT Spray. Plenty of notes and comments throughout my Journal on these three wonderful products! :001_wub:

Superb shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 353 of 353 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221219_105416~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock JAWS (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
20221219_105449~2.jpg

Brush: Omega 10081 Silver Beehive Handle (23mm Boar)

20221218_114736~2.jpg

20221218_114830~2.jpg

Continuing on the reasonably priced razors that I haven't used in some time journey: The RazoRock JAWS is in the pool for Monday's shave. Fresh Personna Israeli Platinum Red blade. Went with the GTC 25g handle again today. The JAWS is high efficient, medium- smooth, medium- nimble and maneuverable, medium- predictable = a medium effective razor. The JAWS is a very good razor, but not as refined as the other GC razors I have in the Den.

So where does this leave us with the Gamechanger razor universe? In my opinion, the GC84-P is the best combination of the attributes that are most important to me: efficient + smooth + nimble and maneuverable + predictable = effective. The GC84-P and GC68-P are both razors that can be usedd every day. The GC84-P is the more efficient of the two, while giving up very little (if anything) in the smooth, nimble & maneuverable and predictable attributes. On my face, skin and beard, the GC84-P is the most effective and rules the Gamechanger roost.

The Omega 10081 Silver Beehive is another wonderful and cost-effective boar brush. I rank it right under the Model 10066 White Handle.

This week I'm using Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave and Belcam Volatile EdT Spray. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is applied every night at bedtime. Excellent shaving software!

Excellent shave! :cool:

So where does this leave us with the Gamechanger razor universe? In my opinion, the GC84-P is the best combination of the attributes that are most important to me: efficient + smooth + nimble and maneuverable + predictable = effective. The GC84-P and GC68-P are both razors that can be usedd every day. The GC84-P is the more efficient of the two, while giving up very little (if anything) in the smooth, nimble & maneuverable and predictable attributes. On my face, skin and beard, the GC84-P is the most effective and rules the Gamechanger roost.

I agree.

The GC.84OC was kind of fun, I tried a week of it.

It had much more savagely available horsepower, but the GC.84P gets the Roedeer seal of approval for seven days a week.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I agree.

The GC.84OC was kind of fun, I tried a week of it.

It had much more savagely available horsepower, but the GC.84P gets the Roedeer seal of approval for seven days a week.
Agreed. I think we all initially get a bit enamored by the "big horsepower" razors, but then find (as you did) that when the initial infatuation abates, it's the balanced razors that we end up reaching for every day. :)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Agreed. I think we all initially get a bit enamored by the "big horsepower" razors, but then find (as you did) that when the initial infatuation abates, it's the balanced razors that we end up reaching for every day. :)
I don't know that I would call my GC84OC a Big Horsepower razor, but it does seem to be blade sensitive. I'm sticking a Gillette Platinum in mine for my next shave to see how it compares to a 7 O'Clock Black.

~doug~

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I don't know that I would call my GC84OC a Big Horsepower razor, but it does seem to be blade sensitive. I'm sticking a Gillette Platinum in mine for my next shave to see how it compares to a 7 O'Clock Black.

~doug~
Big Horsepower is a relative term. The GC84-OC is more efficient than the GC84-P, but not as smooth. The JAWS is more efficient than the GC84-OC, but is less smooth.

The GC84-P is also more nimble & maneuverable and predictable than the GC84-OC and the JAWS.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1575215

I've long admired the look of that brush and am glad to hear it's a good one.

Have you compared the Lupo and Gamechanger razors?

Happy shaves,

Jim
The Lupo .95SB is my favored Lupo and the Gamechanger GC84-P is my favored Gamechanger. I like both and am going to use both over the next week or so to see if I have a clear favorite.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 354 of 354 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221220_124409~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock GC84-P (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (2)
20221220_124438~2.jpg

Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle

20221220_124409~3.jpg

20221218_114830~2.jpg

The GC84-P is the most balanced of the Gamechanger razors. The GC84-P efficient enough, smooth enough, nimble and maneuverable enough and predictable enough to be, overall, the most effective Gamechanger razor on my face, skin and beard. Yes, I can use it every day. The GC84-P is an excellent razor and an excellent value!

The Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle is my favorite boar brush.

This week I'm using Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave and Belcam Volatile EdT Spray. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is applied every night at bedtime. Excellent shaving software!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The Lupo .95SB is my favored Lupo and the Gamechanger GC84-P is my favored Gamechanger. I like both and am going to use both over the next week or so to see if I have a clear favorite.
I've got my Gamechanger GC84OC up for my next shave, then my Lupo 95SB for the next two shaves. I'm still favoring my GC84OC over my GC84-P, but not by much.

~doug~

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've got my Gamechanger GC84OC up for my next shave, then my Lupo 95SB for the next two shaves. I'm still favoring my GC84OC over my GC84-P, but not by much.

~doug~
The GC84-P and GC84-OC are close. I do a lot of Slide and J-hook strokes to get all of my swirls and generally chaotic beard growth. The higher smoothness score of the GC84-P also upped the nimble & maneuverable and predictable attributes. That's why I ultimately scored the GC84-P higher.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

~doug~
The GC84-P and GC84-OC are close. I do a lot of Slide and J-hook strokes to get all of my swirls and generally chaotic beard growth. The higher smoothness score of the GC84-P also upped the nimble & maneuverable and predictable attributes. That's why I ultimately scored the GC84-P higher.

You guys are inspiring. Interesting BOSC work, gentlemen.

I've not used my Gamechangers much, and can't remember which baseplates I have, but I do remember them surprising me with how great they felt and shaved.

I'm stuck for a while with my Athena and Sailor and X1, but Big Nurse is talking about changing my medicines so who knows...

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
You guys are inspiring. Interesting BOSC work, gentlemen.

I've not used my Gamechangers much, and can't remember which baseplates I have, but I do remember them surprising me with how great they felt and shaved.

I'm stuck for a while with my Athena and Sailor and X1, but Big Nurse is talking about changing my medicines so who knows...

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thank you Jim. It is anazing how good the Gamechanger razors shave - especially for the money.

Big Horsepower is a relative term. The GC84-OC is more efficient than the GC84-P, but not as smooth. The JAWS is more efficient than the GC84-OC, but is less smooth.

I was impressed by how closely the GC84-OC "mowed" everything, on a mostly WTG and N to S pass.

I didn't get any obvious user error either, but after a week that included XTG and ATG, irritation had crept in, and I was glad to go back to the safety bar.

A single pass that good (plus a few light adjustments to problem areas) might be the passport to the best CCS ever seen in an office.

I just wish the Gamechangers held the blade the same way as the Lupos do. Removing the blade is a PITA.

I didn't like the "inverted" design at first, but a video posted by someone on here showed them:

- Pointing it cap-down on the table, unscrewing and removing the handle,

- turning the head assembly over, removing the cap, leaving baseplate and blade facing up, and

- pressing lightly down on one side of the blade, and of course it comes off easily. Easy when you know how!

I'd been trying to ping it loose from the baseplate via the tabs. 🤷‍♂️.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Winter Solstice
365 Shaves in 2022: 355 of 355 = 100%
DecemBOAR 2022
20221221_121620~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Lupo .95SB(@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (3)
20221221_121620~3.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club (SOC) Premium Boar, Taj Resin Handle

20221218_114736~2.jpg

20221218_114830~2.jpg

The Lupo .95SB is the most balanced of the Lupo razors I currently have in the Den. It is a touch more efficient than the GC84-P. Maybe not quite as smooth. Like the GC84-P, it feels like I can use the Lupo .95SB every day. Both the Lupo .95SB and the GC84-P are excellent razors and excellent values. So...Time for some additional comparison shaves. More to follow.

I very much like the Semogue Owners Club (SOC) Premium Boar, Taj Resin Handle.

Top Bottom