What's new

"Never judge a razor on its first outing"

I participate in this thread reluctantly, since I have only been wet shaving for half a year. Having said that: I am surprised how differently both razors and blades need to be approached. Some razors even require a different angle during a stroke wtg or xtg when I shave my head. I find this intriguing and I use many different razors and blades in my shaving experiment. Since I chase intense BBS in every shave, I can always assess the gear I have used very well. Some razors or blades are not able to achieve my goal, no matter wat angle or technique I use. What I am saying is: I don't care how a razor look or feels. My only concern is: will it deliver? If it does not perform the way I want, I adjust my technique during the shave, and many times I become happy after initial dissatisfaction. I cannot think of any other reason for dumping a razor than knowing it will not be able to deliver the result I want. If it does not, I think about that and ask for advise on this forum, or keep thinking what blade (or soap) I need to use in order to give that razor another chance.
It still is not clear to me why @Tester28 gave up on his razor. It seems rash, but contemplating about his post, I am sure he had a good reason to do so. It is a pity he and members trying to support him could not get on the same track. One thing I learned here: we are on the same voyage, but we all experience different things. Personnaly, I enjoy this myriad of thoughts and findings very, very much.
I hope my post makes sense.

Last edited:
I have much the same outlook, and enough experience to know what I like. That said, I seldom return anything, so end up with a "mothballed" section that I occasionally revisit, sometimes with surprise - the Rex Ambassador being one of those serendipitous findings that I've actually come to admire and respect. The exception however. "i thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken." :biggrin1:

Top Bottom