What's new

Never A Nick.

With a DE, i've nicked myself about 10 times in about 18 months, which ain't too shabby, considering with a cartridge i used to nick myself once a fortnight, pretty much.

Always on my neck and pretty much in the same place. The nicking has stopped since i've started to go even slower and my ingrowns have died down.

Actually, my brief foray into DE shaving resulted in lots of nicks. I was just bleeding all over, I gave up after a week. Gave the razor to my brother, along with a tube of Trumpers rose and a decent brush. He's used it ever since, I don't think he's ever nicked himself. I've used straights since I was about 17, I suppose I'm just used to them.

My friend Pete once wanted to use one of my razors to smarten himself up, hung over one morning after staying the night at my house. He said "I'll show you how fast we shave in the army!" splashed water on his face and set to work scraping it all over with the blade. He looked like he'd been dragged through barbed wire face first by the time he'd finished. The look on his face when he splashed on the Pinaud Bay Rum (which I handed to him with a mischievous smile that he must not have noticed) was fantastic...

I can nick myself with almost any new blade. Dorco blades may be the only exception.

So it's the blades that keep nicking me that get booted from sampler trials.

J

Jarmo P

Seldom. I say once a week.
Trouble areas are my upper lip, below my lower lip and on the neck in 'adams apple' that I see a few blood sometimes as a nick.
My aim is to have a close enough shave without no irritation.
I apply Braun PockgetGo battery razor daily to clean up my upper lip and jaw though. To feel bbs there too, but I shadow anyways shows what ever I do. So it is not really needed.

Been shaving DE for about two months. Nick and I are good buddies. If I wasn't so stubborn that I insist on BBS and will shave ATG as many times as it takes, every time, maybe Nick and I wouldn't see each other almost daily. Luckily, cold water and some AS usually is enough to appease Nick.

I've been DE shaving since November and have yet to nick myself. I have weapers occasionaly, but these dry up without any further attention by the time I have finished shaving.

I lather mostly with Tabac hard soap and shave with Israeili Personnas in a Merkur 34C.

Top Bottom