What's new

The mystery that is Blutt Razor...

I have one of their razors that I bought here on B&B several months ago. It is an outstanding razor, I will never part with it. They are made in Switzerland and launched in 2019. Here is the mystery. For many months now they don't have product available to sell. It has been so long now that I have to wonder if they are still in business. I sure hope so, it is an amazing design.

Does anyone know what may be up?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have one of their razors that I bought here on B&B several months ago. It is an outstanding razor, I will never part with it. They are made in Switzerland and launched in 2019. Here is the mystery. For many months now they don't have product available to sell. It has been so long now that I have to wonder if they are still in business. I sure hope so, it is an amazing design.

There was a post some months back that stated the designer hopes to have some razors back on the market "in a few months"... "Spring", I think... but if he has newly designed razors or is going to make the BR-1 available again (or both), that, I don't know.

I'm glad you love yours... The Blutt BR-1 was the first razor that let me know..... There are some relatively new razors that are amazing. Enough so the "Gillette has already done that 100 years ago." was brought into doubt, at least, for me. Other than my ATT razors, I don't think I have a Top Razor that was available before 2021.

I love my Blutt, just a superb shaver...with any of the blades I use. Count yourself very lucky if you have one. I do.

its-a-no-brainer-easy-thing.gif

The guy who produce Blutt razors is sometimes active on German forum. He wrote BR-1 will be available this year but not sure when exactly. And probably not for long time and only limited supply. He apparently has different things to do and now are razors only like hobby for him

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Which, in your opinion?
My first razor, the ESC/Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution was released in fall of 2021.
Blutt BR-1 1.2 and 0.86
Lamba Athena
Rocnel Elite 2022, Rocnel Elite brass 2024
Above the Tie X1 AC Slant
Atelier Durdan La Faulx in either bronze and/or stainless steel

I think everyone of those was released after 2021... Though I'm not sure when the ATT X1 was released. I see some reviews in early June of 2021... but I didn't start traditional wet shaving until Feb. of 2022.

I'm sure I'm missing many but these are the ones I've used... and still own except the Blutt BR-1 0.86, because I wasn't using it as I love its big brother: the 1.20

Top Bottom