What's new

Never A Nick.

Tonight I got my very first nick since my intro to DE wetshaving in December. :crying:

It was with the EShave cream in Citrus. :mad3: A couple of days ago I tried the EShave Floral and the lather sucked, no cushion, no slickness. I thought I would give it another go and lo and behold.... I got a teeny, tiny little nick on my knee. :letterk2: :letterk2: Let's just say I am not a happy Boo right now.

If I am sleepy and in a hurry I am pretty sure I will nick myself if I use a straight. of course, that does not happen very often... every 2 months or so. Also when I started to shave with My Feather AC, I always felt the thing was ready to bite me, like a tightly coiled snake.But now, as long as I have a good blade, everything just slides over my skin.

Rarely. Sometimes I nick myself a couple of days n a row, it gets annoying because I can't work out why. But very rarely these days, it's been months since I last bled from shaving.

When I first started I didn't bleed even though I was fully expecting to. Now, I'll occasionally nick myself if i'm in a rush or doing a 4 pass, which i'm still getting to grips with.

I think I nicked myself two times the first week, after that I have not, but I still keep a styptic in the shelf just in case, I sometimes get red marks from bad soaps or creams due to sensitive skin and when in a rush. I have found that using a sharp blade like feather or gillette makes it easier, a blade like merkur gives me the feeling of grasping the neck and yes I do cork the blades.

I just dont understand the fear some people have with feathers cause I have never experienced that. In the easter I gave my brother a golden new with feather blades and almond geo cream he shaved the whole week without a single nick. He had never used a DE before:001_smile

Honestly, I cut myself shaving maybe two or three times a year. And normally those aren't that bad.

I don't use a straight or DE, however.

Also, I have a goatee, which cuts down on the potential slicing surface area..

-Mason

I've been DE shaving for alomost three months now. Never a nick, except for the two days I tried a '48-'50 Super Speed. One day, my neck got it and the next day saw a nice slice in my upper lip. I had to buy a styptic for that :mad:

Very rarely, sometimes months go by without one. It always happens when I'm in a hurry and it always happens when I'm doing an across-the-grain pass on my chin. Since I know my weakness, I pay special care when I'm doing that now.

Since first starting, I nick myself every 2 weeks or so. I have been trying different blades and tend to draw blood once in a while.

I have been DE shaving for about 5 weeks now and have nicked myself twice now. Both times I rushed and wasn't paying attention. Luckily, a combination a cold water and OS worked to stop them.

I almost never nick myself...only have an occasional weeper when I have an ingrown that I shave over...but this is usually gone before the cold water rinse. I also never go all the way for BBS (as my neck won't allow it)...so this may come into play. Also, I found that feathers gave me small weepers where red IPs did not...so i figured it was a "sharpness-of-blade-agreeing-with-me" sort of thig and stuck with the IPs.

I don't have my DE yet. Next week I'm hoping. Gotta let my pay check come in first...

Ok, on to answering the actual post... Last week I switched over to a disposable to try to train myself to take short strokes and such. Well the immense weight difference between that and my Fusion made me want to push down a little bit harder. That was a mistake... Looked like i got into a fight with the razor after that one. Since then it has gotten better. I actually took some time the other day and came out nick free. Yesterday I got one on my chin, but it didn't really bleed.

I think my problem is I have to figure out how much pressure to apply. Hopefully the added weight with the DE will help me to figure this out better.

Thanks for the replies chaps.I get a few weepers on occasion,never a cut as such,with D/Es.With my Gems I am yet to draw blood although some fellows seem wary of using them.:biggrin:

I get weepers quite frequently. I think that I am either in too much of a rush or my Derbys are treating me right. Might have to give feathers a shot.

I have mild acne and nick myself with some regularity. I use a straight. The geometry of a pimple is such that they really make an excellent target for the straight. I think if I had smooth skin I would almost never nick myself.

Joe

Top Bottom