What's new

Need gift advice

Need a little gift advice. I’m going to meet my girlfriends mother after Christmas and wanted to bring some tea as a gift. Looking for something special, since it’s the first time I’ll be meeting her.

A little background on me. I know nothing about tea.

A little background on her. She’s older (about 70) northern Chinese (I think from Hubei, but not certain). Emigrated from China to Canada as a child, but still very Chinese.

Any and all help appreciated!

I don't know a lot about tea, but I have enjoyed the Oolong teas from Stash Tea. You might browse the website and see if something fits. They also have brewers and other accessories.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Any and all help appreciated!

Don't ask us ... ask the GF!

Or at least ask her first, and find out what sort of interest her mum has in tea. Is she a tea-bag drinker or a loose-leaf-and-gaiwan sort of person? Or something in between? No sense getting her a 10-year-old cake of puerh if she likes Twinings tea bags ... or vice versa.

Or at least ask her first, and find out what sort of interest her mum has in tea. Is she a tea-bag drinker or a loose-leaf-and-gaiwan sort of person? Or something in between? No sense getting her a 10-year-old cake of puerh if she likes Twinings tea bags ... or vice versa.
Agree!
This is prolly the best advice thus far.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

This, indeed!

AA

Top Bottom