What's new

My Yaqi-Pearl

If it's a Fatip killer in smoothness & efficiency, then what would your thoughts be of this razor compared to the Karve in terms of smoothness & efficiency? I'm really interested in both these razors!

I have some razors that give me a 12 hour plus lasting BBS shave. In no particular order: Karve w/D plate, Yaki-Pearl, Asylum Evolution T, Wunderbar, Fendrihan MK II, ATT S2, RR37 and Barbasol FH. There are others that give me BBS, it just doesn't last as long, red tip, #58, Fatip, PAA BOSC. The PAA AES is between the two categories above as its blade dependent.

The Yaki-Pearl, Fendrihan and Karve shaves (again no order) have the least amount of feedback from the alum/AS after 3 passes. I can rate the rest but you get the idea :)

Just ordered the pearl base plate.
While I wait for it. I’m going to try the yagi DOC with my R41 tonight.
Wish me Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would someone please post links to both the Pearl base plate & Yaqi head? I'm interested in trying this but my inexperience is showing with my not knowing what base plate you're talking about. Thank you!

Ok fresh out of the Shave Den & Cold Beer [emoji481] in hand.

I got a pretty good shave 3 pass BBS NO touch up.
Def more blade feel Not as smooth as my R41. Not bad though.
Will have to wait for the Pearl baseplate to compare.
Blade used German Wilkinson.
Soap Sterling Glacial Obsidian
Aftershave Epsilon Blue.
I got 1 little nick on my jawline it was the Beers [emoji482] fault.

Would someone please post links to both the Pearl base plate & Yaqi head? I'm interested in trying this but my inexperience is showing with my not knowing what base plate you're talking about. Thank you!
I believe it's ok to post this link as it is a buy it now. If not mods please remove. This is the base plate. The yaqi mellon head is the one you want. Replacement Part Pearl Bottom Plate for Open Comb Head Double Edge Shaving Razor | eBay

Yaqi Head Yaqi Mellon Safety Razor Head Without Logo for Shaving Razors-in Nose & Ear Trimmer from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Ok fresh out of the Shave Den & Cold Beer [emoji481] in hand.

I got a pretty good shave 3 pass BBS NO touch up.
Def more blade feel Not as smooth as my R41. Not bad though.
Will have to wait for the Pearl baseplate to compare.
Blade used German Wilkinson.
Soap Sterling Glacial Obsidian
Aftershave Epsilon Blue.
I got 1 little nick on my jawline it was the Beers [emoji482] fault.

Good job Ed. My baseplate comes in tomorrow but waiting on Mellon Head from Yaqi still.

When you get it. Leave us some feedback. Looking forward to see what you Think.

Okie Dokie
0705171719.jpg

New handle for the setup, balances well. Not as heavy as it looks (61g), perfect for me.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Top Bottom