What's new

My Wolf Whisker's custom brush finally arrived.

...and I must say Peter's craftsmanship is unparalleled :thumbup1:. As you may recall, my vintage Kent badger hair brush experienced a catastrophic failure -

$Broken Kent 1.jpg$Broken Kent 2.jpg

Given how soft this knot is I could not bring myself to discard it. Instead, I asked Peter to set the knot into one of his wonderful creations. Here is the end result, with which I am extremely pleased -

$ww custom brush with Kent knot in box.jpg$ww custom brush with Kent knot outside box.jpg$ww custom brush with Kent knot - Wolf Whiskers medallion.jpg

Here is a close up of the knot which is 23mm in diameter and set to a loft of 48mm -

$ww Kent knot side.jpg$ww Kent knot top.jpg

The handle shape is "Tuxedo" and the color scheme is "View from Hubble" -

$ww view from Hubble 1.jpg$ww view from Hubble 2.jpg

In its original G.B. Kent and Sons handle the brush was a little too floppy for my tastes; however, on Peter's suggestion, setting the knot to have a loft of 48mm was the perfect choice to offer a greater density of bristles and more backbone to boot.

Not surprisingly, I highly recommend Peter of Wolf Whiskers to anyone considering having a custom brush made.

Tim

Last edited:
Amazing Brush, mine will be made in a few weeks. I have a blue and copper brush with a custom shape so i am going to partner it with a purple and bronze. Then i will have my two "go to" brushes. one natural, one synthetic

Peter's work always is amazing. This is a very nice brush that got a new life! Enjoy the shaves to come.

I am really loving the lathering experience I am getting with the brush thus far! Nice density and backbone make for easy generation of lather with just the right amount of water retention and flow through of lather. The only thing I noticed is the brush does take a bit longer to dry out. It's not a problem though as I have plenty of other brushes to choose from and seldom use the same brush twice in a row.

Top Bottom