What's new

My wife spends money on...

I get to hear " do you really need all that stuff ?"

I do not have all that much.
Most of my razors were free, found at my grandmothers place, given to me by friends.
"you use these old things right ? "
I can honestly say I have not spent very much.
Add it all up and its under 100$

But you know you are always going to hear about something.

Last edited:
I don't get any grief from the Wife I just add a kent brush and some thayers WH for her in my orders once in a while and she is happy and leaves me alone :001_rolle

In spite of our money worries, my girlfriend supports my hobbies and among my Xmas presents were two Avon splashes and a hand carved boar brush from the local market.
Thanks Love! :thumbup:

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1387964739171.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1387964739171.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 112
She gives me a hard time only in the sense when I spend too much time on the computer. *ahem* this forum. Otherwise I find her poking around my den on occasions looking at my hardware and sniffing soaps.

In my house, I'm the one worrying about my wife's spending on hobbies. She encourages mine. Inspired by her support I have taught myself to keep quiet most of the time. We're going to be broke and never catch up on our bills either way, might as well not be depressed and bored at the same time...no sense spending our lives slaving to our debts and missing the opportunity to enjoy occasional little things.

Perhaps she could scrapbook your wet shaving journey?
Sounds like a great idea. Get her involved in a way that she will enjoy.

My normally supportive husband had been giving me grief for months about the number of razors I'd acquired. We exchanged gifts tonight and there was a Futur waiting for me. Turns out he was just worried I'd buy one. Now he's pushing me to do a video podcast about DE shaving for ladies since there's not a whole lot of info out there about it. Whole thing weirded me out.

:lol:

In my house, I'm the one worrying about my wife's spending on hobbies. She encourages mine. Inspired by her support I have taught myself to keep quiet most of the time. We're going to be broke and never catch up on our bills either way, might as well not be depressed and bored at the same time...no sense spending our lives slaving to our debts and missing the opportunity to enjoy occasional little things.

Sounds like a great idea. Get her involved in a way that she will enjoy.

:lol:

+1 :thumbup:

1. Do you get any grief from your wife about your RAD?

Am I alone on this or do any of you experience this too?

My wife supports my various hobbies to include this one. We have mutual respect and understanding when it comes to one another's interests. Perhaps that is why we will be celebrating our 30th year of marriage to one another this coming May. My wife and I also have our own "fun money" or charge card that we use for our interests. We maintain self control and we communicate well with regard to not spending ourselves into oblivion.

Marriage is a shared experience, a constant self-giving sacrifice of love to one another. A daily re-enactment of me for her and her for me. If scrap booking and wet shaving are becoming bones of contention, there may be deeper problems present that need attending to.

Take an interest in her scrap-booking, as painful as that may sound and then you may find that your deliberate act of self sacrifice may lead to her lightening up a bit on your various shaving related acquisitions.

Good luck,

Frank

No grief, as we have allocated disposable funds each month for each of us. We can do whatever we want with that money. As a result, I don't keep any secrets..don't have to.

+1 Well said. Pre-allocating fun money is a very useful tool for keeping both of you happy, but at the same time keeping the overall financial house in order. And yes, taking an interest (at least a passing one) in your wife's hobbies is a also a good long term win.

My wife supports my various hobbies to include this one. We have mutual respect and understanding when it comes to one another's interests. Perhaps that is why we will be celebrating our 30th year of marriage to one another this coming May. My wife and I also have our own "fun money" or charge card that we use for our interests. We maintain self control and we communicate well with regard to not spending ourselves into oblivion.

Marriage is a shared experience, a constant self-giving sacrifice of love to one another. A daily re-enactment of me for her and her for me. If scrap booking and wet shaving are becoming bones of contention, there may be deeper problems present that need attending to.

Take an interest in her scrap-booking, as painful as that may sound and then you may find that your deliberate act of self sacrifice may lead to her lightening up a bit on your various shaving related acquisitions.

Good luck,

Frank

Good luck

Frank
Congrats on the 30 years. My parents had their 35th earlier this year.

My wife thus far has been supportive, 5 brushes 7 razors, and she bought me a huge pack of 6 different creams from tobs and t&h. Do i think itll run out.....eventually but for now I keep my fingers crossed :p

I used to get grief on everything; then I got divorced. Now I have a GF who really doesn't care what I spend my money on. A GF is the only way to go. No legal contracts and if it doesn't work out, you just go your separate ways and you are done with it. With no kids involved, there is absolutely no reason to spoil our great relationship by getting married. I have all of the antique fishing gear, knives, watches, and razors I care to collect and get zero grief.
cottontop

You are the man!

If scrap booking and wet shaving are becoming bones of contention, there may be deeper problems present that need attending to.

+1

Those deeper problems may simply be a need for additional maturity in emotions and relationships or could be something more sinister.

Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. If you're as short on money as I am, work out a realistic, responsible budget for it. If there's no real budgetary issue, discuss it with her so that she can understand that.

It's hard to get away with the "it's cheaper" argument when you have 2 dozen badger brushes, half again as many razors, about 3K blades imported from Japan and Russia, and an 18-gallon "overflow shave den" crate full of creams, soaps, and frags.

I get the odd incredulous look when some new items hit the doorstep, but overall not too much grief. Indulging her handbag, shoes, and charm bracelet AD probably helps

I simply remind my wife from time to time that I really don't have any expensive hobbies.

I keep a picture of a 32 Roadster Hot Rod on my cell phone for that purpose. It is easily a $100,000 + car.

I haven't had the slightest squeak since I took that picture a few months ago. Thank you to whoever parked your car in front of the hotel in Tucson on that rainy night.

I have also been careful not to go overboard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom