What's new

My Top Ten Blades

I haven't tested so many blades yet. I started with DE razor this year.
The razors I use is a Futur clone and a Yaqi top aggressive.

Gillette Perma-Sharp, always a good blade.
Bluebird (Derby), sharp but not as smooth as PermaSharp.
Wizamet, almost as good as PermaSharp but sometimes a dull blade.
Treet Platinum, good and always the same, this is my main blade.
Asco SS. Very good. Not the sharpest but very smooth.
Astra SP, similar to Treet Platinum, but too often a dull blade will be there.

Blade that disappointed me,
Suneko, read a lot of positive things that I never experienced.
Derby Extra, Bad QC. They are average to bad blades for me.
Funny you would say that about Astra SP. Those have been my go to for years in a row and never did I have a bad blade.
Lucky to say most of the 100 packs I have were bought in quick succession back in the day and are all produced within the same year.

In my original list, I had Wizamet Super Iridium/Pol Silvers listed as my #7 choice but thought the brand was more or less dead and gone. I haven't seen them anywhere recently but then I haven't really been looking hard either, considering I have enough blades in my den to essentially shave every day for the next 12,524 years ...
But yesterday I saw them pop up on AMZ. I'm assuming they're no longer made in Russia due to the exodus brought on by the war. But the price was decent enough (by today's rapidly changing/inflating standards). I picked up 50 for $10. So at $.20 a blade, getting my customary 3 shaves/blade, that comes to $.07/shave or about $.50 a week. Even I can afford that. 😂
Assuming these are the same quality blades I had awhile back when I got a puck in a sample pack, I should be very pleased indeed. Because they were fantastic blades.

proxy.php

Top Bottom