What's new

My Tony Miller Story - the guys is a class act

Expensive, unnecessary and really cool at the same time! I’ll freely admit that I enjoy a bit frivolous luxury in the den. I can’t afford a big house, expensive car or boat quite yet but a few nice brushes, razors and soaps are within my reach. I get a lot of satisfaction out of my shaving set up. It’s a little bit of luxury just for me. It’s useful and I get to enjoy it everyday.

Shell Cardovan seems to be a traditional choice for strop material and I believe the leather is meant to have some properties that make it particularly well suited to the task. Hopefully we get to see one of these in production soon. The Horween leather company is well known for this product so it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

I have 2 vintage Dubl Duck cordovan strops and 1 NOS Japanese cordovan strop that I haven't used yet, only because I want to make sure the razors I use on it will not scratch it at all. I also had a Kanayama 70000 that I sold. They are all great strops. They work great. I will say my steerdovan, French hide, well basically every leather works great. The Steerdovan feels nicer than the Dubl Duck's and produces an edge just as good as the Kanayama and any strop I have for that matter.

With all of that said I would still love to have a Tony Miller Cordovan.

Top Bottom