What's new

My Tony Miller Story - the guys is a class act

I moved from the US to Guyana, South America a year ago with the oilfield. I bought several razors with me so i wouldn’t need to hime much and would jus strop on an old pair of jeans i had. Well i decided to pick up a few homes and a strop while at it.
I ordered a mine from Tony Miller. The Heirloom Artisan no 2 Rough out Heavy Draw was the choice. Placed order and had it sent to my normal freight forwarder to ship out.
The postal service showed it delivered but the forwarder never received it. I reached out to Tony. This guy went above and beyond to try and help me get in touch with the postal service on order to locate the product. He was super responsive and and quick to action. They post office finally delivered it and i received it a few days ago. It is a beautiful strop and will home something tonight just to use it.

Tony Miller, you sir, are a class act!

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Braylon, Glad I could help. I knew it would be easier for me to follow up from here in the US than for you all the way down in Guyana. Glad it got their deliveries sorted and USPS got it to your freight forwarder.
Thank you for choosing one of my strops too.
Tony

I moved from the US to Guyana, South America a year ago with the oilfield. I bought several razors with me so i wouldn’t need to hime much and would jus strop on an old pair of jeans i had. Well i decided to pick up a few homes and a strop while at it.
I ordered a mine from Tony Miller. The Heirloom Artisan no 2 Rough out Heavy Draw was the choice. Placed order and had it sent to my normal freight forwarder to ship out.
The postal service showed it delivered but the forwarder never received it. I reached out to Tony. This guy went above and beyond to try and help me get in touch with the postal service on order to locate the product. He was super responsive and and quick to action. They post office finally delivered it and i received it a few days ago. It is a beautiful strop and will home something tonight just to use it.

Tony Miller, you sir, are a class act!

Tony is a great person. His strops are the best out there. I am sitting on 13 strops both modern and vintage. US made and Japanese made. While I love every strop I own and all of them are great the TM strop I received from Tony in a PIF is still hands down my favorite. I even reached out to him recently to get some linen strips and hardware. I will be reaching out to him soon for some more parts.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
20200709_111545[1].jpg

This came in the morning's mail. Thank you @Tony Miller for the great customer service!

I enjoy communicating with Tony. Ordered a strop and there was issues with the quality before it was shipped. He kept up communication and even offered a refund; can't wait till it comes in as he said it was his best batch yet.

Jason

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I enjoy communicating with Tony. Ordered a strop and there was issues with the quality before it was shipped. He kept up communication and even offered a refund; can't wait till it comes in as he said it was his best batch yet.

Jason

Made a little scratch when edging the strop and was just not comfortable sending it your way and did not have any spare Roughout handy. Thank you for waiting it out a week while I processed more leather.

I would like to say my customers are a class act as well. Thank you to all who have posted

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I got my first Tony Miller strop a few years ago. Over time it accrued a few nicks. Still totally serviceable, but I decided to get another one anyway. The new one is even nicer. I’m assuming Tony Miller learns as he goes and the products just get better because the more recent one is on another level honestly.

Made a little scratch when edging the strop and was just not comfortable sending it your way and did not have any spare Roughout handy. Thank you for waiting it out a week while I processed more leather.

I would like to say my customers are a class act as well. Thank you to all who have posted

I have to point out one thing. You wouldnt have the great customers you have if you were not great.

These strops are good value for money. A fair price for a high quality product. I got the 3” horsehide to start my SR journey. The extra width has made learning to strop a lot easier than messy around with X-patterns. 100+ shaves and still no nicks! It should last for years.

I would love to see an Heirloom strop in Shell Cordovan one day. I wonder if @Tony Miller would be open to custom orders. I much prefer supporting a real person who takes pride in his work than a nameless mass producer. It’s a big +1 from me.

These strops are good value for money. A fair price for a high quality product. I got the 3” horsehide to start my SR journey. The extra width has made learning to strop a lot easier than messy around with X-patterns. 100+ shaves and still no nicks! It should last for years.

I would love to see an Heirloom strop in Shell Cordovan one day. I wonder if @Tony Miller would be open to custom orders. I much prefer supporting a real person who takes pride in his work than a nameless mass producer. It’s a big +1 from me.

I would love to have a Tony Miller true Cordovan strop as well. But man it would be expensive. It would totally be worth it but still it would be expensive.

I would love to have a Tony Miller true Cordovan strop as well. But man it would be expensive. It would totally be worth it but still it would be expensive.
Expensive, unnecessary and really cool at the same time! I’ll freely admit that I enjoy a bit frivolous luxury in the den. I can’t afford a big house, expensive car or boat quite yet but a few nice brushes, razors and soaps are within my reach. I get a lot of satisfaction out of my shaving set up. It’s a little bit of luxury just for me. It’s useful and I get to enjoy it everyday.

Shell Cardovan seems to be a traditional choice for strop material and I believe the leather is meant to have some properties that make it particularly well suited to the task. Hopefully we get to see one of these in production soon. The Horween leather company is well known for this product so it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

Tony has given great customer service. I bought four strops and I ended getting one inaccurately. I reached out to him and he ended sending the one I ordered and allowed me to keep the one I had. Let me tell you how grateful I was. During the time I was working 80 hour weeks and had no time to get to the post. Once I need another one he will definitely be the guy who I go too. Thanks Tony.

Top Bottom