What's new

My Simple Blade Safe for Blade Disposal-Share Your Ideas?

The medicine bottle met my particular needs... child proof and can be tossed in a drawer. I didn't want a display piece but something highly disposable.

I use an empty black pepper can and drop the blades in through the spoon slot. It'll take years to fill the can and then I'll glue the top down and get the whole thing over to recycling.

Recycled Altoids tin last night...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Primed it today.
dave

I drop mine into a glass jar filled with water. After a few months there's nothing but a red sludge at the bottom. I dry this out, mix it with eggs, flower, and chocolate chips. Form into balls and bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until done. Then I put them on a plate and into the fridge at work where the same person who steals my lunch takes them.
I think I'd continue to mix them with the eggs, flower, and chocolate chips, but I'd skip dissolving them first :angry:

I'll put them in the wrapper of the new blade and then into the trash. i don't find the idea of collecting used razor blades very appealing.

Here is my solution. I drained a can of chicken broth and rinsed it out real good, took off the label, cut a slot with the cut-off wheel on my angle grinder, painted it, and printed out and glued on the new label. Once it's full, which will take a while, I'll smash the top with a hammer to close the slot and throw it in the recycling.

Quick, cheap and efficient. I think it looks ok, too.

Attachments

• $015.jpg
    $015.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 126
You know after reading this, I wonder if used razors blades might be classified the same as used needles. I have to use needles for some of my medication, and I use a sharps hazardous waste container. When full I deposit at the local sheriffs office where they have a container. I may do this with my used blades.

I know that throwing them in the trash is a no-no, as some trash is sorted. You wouldn't want a worker to get cut up, on one of your used blades.

Greg W.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It occurs to me a Colman's mustard can might be exactly, perfectly the size of a five-year blade stack ...

proxy.php

AA

You know after reading this, I wonder if used razors blades might be classified the same as used needles. I have to use needles for some of my medication, and I use a sharps hazardous waste container. When full I deposit at the local sheriffs office where they have a container. I may do this with my used blades.

I know that throwing them in the trash is a no-no, as some trash is sorted. You wouldn't want a worker to get cut up, on one of your used blades.

Greg W.

In my city, used razor blades are classified as "sharps", and must be treated the same as a used diabetic/medical needle. The good news is that I can either take them to the local sheriff station/fire station for dropoff, or the waste management center less than 5 minutes from where I work has specialized bins for sharps and medical waste. I dunno about your city, but it may be worth looking into.

I re-purposed a pickle jar.

View attachment 590346

I am copying you on this design next time if you don't mind, I thought mine was cool. I am also in the jar category, though I prefer a wider opening.
I leave it under the sink and reach over to it when dropping a blade in there so I don't risk breaking the jar.

I made a slit and then folded in the edges in using a flat head screwdriver, makes it easier for the blades to go in there.

$jar.jpg

Tea tins work well. I used a Peets 4 oz. tin. Just needs a suitable-sized slot cut with a utility knife. The height and depth is just right for a bathroom medicine cabinet shelf.
$klm_l_2.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom