What's new

My Poor Stahly

I don't really know what it does. does the whole razor vibrate, or is there some sort of mechanism that moves the blade or guard back and forth.

It died today.
no more good vibrations for me.
unless..
someone here has any ideas how to fix my poor Stahly?

Have you tried unscrewing the end cap?
Put the head on eith a Tech or Merkur handle and you'll have a great shaving razor. Then put a Tech head on the Stahly and put it in a display. That's what I did. Odd ball razors.
proxy.php

I don't really know what it does. does the whole razor vibrate, or is there some sort of mechanism that moves the blade or guard back and forth.

The whole razor itself vibrates, check out the attached picture.
I don't think you can unscrew the end cap.. and I've got the uber luxury gold plated version.

I haven't heard anyone before who actually used this razor. How does it shave? Does it give you a smoother, easier shave than a standard safety razor?

Alex

Well, one direction winds it. I would imagine the other direction opens it :wink:

I tried that, and because the spring mechanism has either broke or slipped, when i try to unscrew it with some force, it over cranks and starts winding the other direction :confused:
As far as the shave goes, I enjoy it.. quote me if I'm wrong, but the head is a copy of the gillette tech, and if you've ever used a tech you know how nice of a shave it gives... then add in a little vibration for fun!

If your Stahly has a Tech style head it's not original. The Stahly head has round guide bars and the platform is suspended by 2 small springs. In spite of the wind up mechanism the Stahly was a deluxe razor much more expensive and better made then a Tech. I use mine with a SS handle that I made.
proxy.php

proxy.php

V

VR6ofpain

If your Stahly has a Tech style head it's not original. The Stahly head has round guide bars and the platform is suspended by 2 small springs. In spite of the wind up mechanism the Stahly was a deluxe razor much more expensive and better made then a Tech. I use mine with a SS handle that I made.
https

Do the vibrations actually help in getting a more comfortable shave?

Yes actually. The vibrations cause the blade to move back and forth just a touch, so it slices through hair easier and requires even less pressure. Trouble spots are much easier since you are not tempted to force the blade through them. I find blade brands that are generally too dull for standard use work quite well in the Stahly. Also, it's nearly impossible to nick oneself with one of these.

Because of the vibration, they don't provide as much feedback, and if you use one exclusively, it will ruin your technique since less attention is required.

Top Bottom