SOTD:
Razor: Blackbird Ti-Lite
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (5)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Cream: Musgo Real, Oak Moss
Brush: Omega Evo 2.0
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood and Spice
047_01_21 conv.jpeg

I'm logging my gratuitous Friday shave today. I shaved after work, and then my wife put me to work. I had to go pick up a new couch my wife bought. It was worth the work, I thought as I lounged on it. I got a new acquisition, so my lineup for next week has changed. My shave was great. Photos will be forthcoming.

On a surprise note, this Henson AL13+++ arrived.
View attachment 1824963
I bought the aluminum version. If I like it, I will consider getting the titanium version. It's +++ which means aggressive. Let's hope it is efficient. Reviews will be forthcoming.
My gut tells me that you're not going to be over-keen on this one, Rave. :sad:

Of course, my gut isn't your gut. I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Razor: Henson AL13+++
Blade: New Lord Platinum (1)
Cream: Gillette Pure
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
060_01_19 conv.jpeg

Today was my first shave with a Henson AL13+++.

Pros: The Hesnson AL13+++ clamps the blade very rigidly. The razor is lightweight. It has plenty of gap and good exposure. It's easy to use.

Cons: The head covers the blade tabs:a32:. The handle is longer than my taste. Neither of these issues is a game-changer given the shave. Peeling the blade off the baseplate is a pain in the backside. :ciappa:

The shave:

I used my favorite blade for the first outing. The New Lord Platinum didn't disappoint. I'd forgotten how good Gillette Pure Shaving Cream is. It's tops in performance and inexpensive as well. I enjoyed my Simpson Trafalgar T3. I've been waiting to use the T3 since shaving with my Trafalgar T1 on vacation. The T1 punches above its weight class, and the T3 is the full Monty.

I did a three-pass shave. I'm not going to lie, the razor felt like a cartridge. By that I mean it was smooth, hard to nick yourself, and could give you razor burn. I'm glad I didn't buy the mild or medium. The results were almost as close as my Blackbird Ti-Lite without the occasional irritation. That is a solid win for the first use. It was a no-thrills enjoyable shave. You can put your mind on autopilot, and probably get consistently great results. I did on my first shave. There is no doubt in my mind, that it is a well-engineered and machined double-edged razor.

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
064_01_19 conv.jpeg

My second shave with the Henson AL13+++ was good. The razor cut the hair at the skin. Perhaps, this won't be the longest-lasting shave, but it was smooth and refreshing. It certainly was without any irritation. I got a little careless to no ill effect. It's very forgiving.

This was waiting for me in my mailbox at work. They were delivered yesterday. I'm enjoying one with my morning coffee.
rsz_thumbnail.jpg

Verweij Stroopwafels

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
That’s the way!

Stroopwafels are the bomb! We have lots of other cookies and cakes, but nothing beats a stroopwafel - except maybe appeltaart, but only the good ones like from Dudok in Rotterdam.
Yum! My grootje/grandmother made the best appletaart. She also made banket. She'd make a banketstaaf for Christmas. Stroopwafels are the reigning king. They are convenient, not overly sweet, and melt in your mouth. They are suitable for every day. :devil:

This is banket for those who don't know that they need to try them. It's a sweet pastry with an almond paste center.
rsz_1banket.jpg

I've gained weight just writing this post.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: New Lord Platinum (3)
069_01_19 conv.jpeg

My third shave with the Henson was the best. The aggressive does very well with a steep angle. My shave was a BBS with a DFS on my neck. There was no irritation to speak of. My face loves this no-thrill razor. That alone makes it enjoyable to use. It's pretty neat shaving the lather off my face and seeing fantastic results. It's like unwrapping a present, and it gets better every time.

Cheers
Rave

Last edited:
Top Bottom