What's new

My New Favorite Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Brown Synthetic

Whilst a synthetic would be an awesome purchase, you could also consider a Yaqi two band finest badger with a very non-scary price of about $30. They are the real deal! Fairly dense, excellent face feel and great handle choice.

2band or Silvertip since price is around the ball park figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two synthetic brushes, the big Bruce and the Yaqi rainbow. Tried both today.

The Razorock has a very nice handle for me (I wish it was a bit taller) as I try to hold a brush in the middle by the thumb. The rainbow handle is nice too and although not perfect for me, it still offers a lot of ways how to use it.

Well, after the test, I am surprised to say that the rainbow knot is nicer than the Plissoft. It has a better feeling, a bit softer and splays very nice.

My plan is to use the handle of the big Bruce for a reknot project in the future.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20181125175838927_COVER-picsay.jpg

I love my yaqi Ferrari red handle, tuxedo knot, haven't tried that brown knot from the rainbow yaqi yet, ordered one this morning.:clap:

Finally it arrived with a yaqi 24mm silvertip. Man, the rainbow is a huge one. Good handle, nice weight, the tips are luxuriously soft, splays easily just a touch of backbone, looks amazing... Perfect.
I'll see how it performs in the rotation, but I love it already.
proxy.php

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk
Those look awesome! I just ordered the mysterious space in silvertip and cannot wait for it to get here!

Those look awesome! I just ordered the mysterious space in silvertip and cannot wait for it to get here!
You will love it, I'm sure. These 2 became quickly my main go to brushes and I'm absolutely in love with them. The most impressive thing is that when I finish loading those brushes (I load from my bowl where I press a week or 2 weeks amount in) the later is actually shave ready. I just have to adjust the water ratio on my face and that is it.
None of my boars does that.

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried both the rainbow brown and the mew brown? How do they compare?
Yes, I have both and they are my two favorite brushes. I find the rainbow to be softer, but with ample backbone. The mew brown is a bit scrubbier and requires a bit more pressure to splay. Then, of course, there is the difference in the handle size. I have many soaps in fairly large bowls and it's easier to load with the big handled rainbow than with the small moka handle which tends to knock against the sides of the bowl if you're not careful. If I absolutely had to pick just one it would be the rainbow, but either is a good choice (and at the current price buying both is the best option).

I have many soaps in fairly large bowls and it's easier to load with the big handled rainbow than with the small moka handle which tends to knock against the sides of the bowl if you're not careful.
Of all the reviews on the Moka, this comment is complete opposite from what I've read. In fact usually the 1st comment from most was how big and clumsy the handle was. In all fairness though, next to the Rainbow handle, it does look small and I'm sure this is why you posted what you did...

Of all the reviews on the Moka, this comment is complete opposite from what I've read. In fact usually the 1st comment from most was how big and clumsy the handle was. In all fairness though, next to the Rainbow handle, it does look small and I'm sure this is why you posted what you did...
I really like the moka handle, both the way it looks and how it feels in my hand. When I said "small" I was referring to the height of the handle. In a large bowl, the moka handle itself is inside the bowl, so it can knock against the sides if the soap level is pretty low. The rainbow on the other hand has a very tall handle, so even with a large bowl that is fairly empty it still does not knock against the sides.

I really like the moka handle, both the way it looks and how it feels in my hand. When I said "small" I was referring to the height of the handle. In a large bowl, the moka handle itself is inside the bowl, so it can knock against the sides if the soap level is pretty low. The rainbow on the other hand has a very tall handle, so even with a large bowl that is fairly empty it still does not knock against the sides.
Now that I have re-read this, I realize that it doesn't really make sense. It has to be the loft of the knot and the shape of the handle that make the rainbow less likely to bang around the inside of the bowl.

Top Bottom