What's new

My New Favorite Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Brown Synthetic

Now that I have re-read this, I realize that it doesn't really make sense. It has to be the loft of the knot and the shape of the handle that make the rainbow less likely to bang around the inside of the bowl.
It’s got to be the angle that is achieved by using a longer handle. Your fingers would tend to be in the bowl with the brush/handle with a shorter handle making it a little more difficult to get a steep angle to whip the brush around. The round shape probably helps out a bit also. I have heard about the shorter brush rattling around for a few people. Of course, I am waiting for both of these to arrive to tell for myself!

What type of hair is this rainbow by the way?

I think Yaqi made it less dense in the middle on purpose to facilitate the splay of it. I am enjoying too much how it splays and I am getting used to the handle. The brush I got has no glue bump.

I think Yaqi made it less dense in the middle on purpose to facilitate the splay of it. I am enjoying too much how it splays and I am getting used to the handle. The brush I got has no glue bump.
I could vary well be mistaken but it looks like a take on synthetic horse hair and that might explain why its less dense in the middle of the knot...

To me it feels very similar to the boss knot, which is also less dense in the middle. The outer strands on the boss knot are also lighter, just like the faux horse knot. The tips also feel similar. I think the faux horse is made to be overall a bit less dense than the boss, which gives it a great splay.

Top Bottom