What's new

My New Fatboy

So I picked up a Fatboy over on the bay on the cheap a while back, and it came in the mail a couple of days ago. Unfortunately it was the same day I ripped my neck to shreds with a Gillette President. Plus, I was nearing the end of finals, and officially finished the semester as of noon today. So I finally cleaned her up. Wow! It was very grungy, but after a boil, a scrub with scrubbing bubbles and a toothpaste polish she's looking mighty fine! No brassing, all the numbers are still black, and the whole thing is nice and shiny. Obviously it's not mint condition, but it's a lot better than I was expecting. Needless to say: I'm a happy boy!

Of course there are pictures:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Related question: F4 date code = 4th quarter 1960?

Yes, a real score. Cleaned up very nicely, too. I'm becoming very fond of the adjustables, as you can change the setting higher for tougher areas of the beard and lower for the sensitive parts. Use the Fatboy in the best of health.

Best regards,

Jay

I found an F4 at a local antique store several weeks back ($2.50), but while cleaning noticed it had the fairly common "Gillette adjustable head slant", meaning the doors at one end of the razor were closer to the bar than the other end...however after using the 2 tutorials I've found here, took it apart and straightened it up, it's getting it's maiden voyage tonight!

Nice Fat Boy!

Is there something wrong with your President (razor)?

Heh, so many ways to go with that...

I don't think so. It seems to be too aggressive for my neck. I'm going to give it a few more shaves with other blades and see if it gets any better. If not, it'll end up back on the B/S/T.

Heh, so many ways to go with that...

I don't think so. It seems to be too aggressive for my neck. I'm going to give it a few more shaves with other blades and see if it gets any better. If not, it'll end up back on the B/S/T.

Yah I had to add the (razor) to keep us on track. :biggrin:

Make sure the safety bars are straight and give it a go with a different brand blade. The President (razor) shouldn't be much more aggressive than a SS, I really like mine.

Top Bottom