What's new

My Journey - So Far

As an early birthday present, Mrs. Lockback got me yet another razor to add to my den. (Yes, I know, I already have an Edwin Jagger DE89 but you can never have too much of a good thing, right?)
It does have a different handle but the same familiar, beautifully crafted and finished head. I'll break it in tomorrow morning and I'm sure it will deliver the goods.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I hope you have a great birthday, Dan.

God bless you, my friend.
Eric, I apologize for missing this until now.
You're a class act and a good man and it's very kind of you to send birthday wishes my way.
My father-in-law, who's 91, had surgery on my birthday and Mrs. Lockback had to spend the whole day at the hospital while I tended to home matters. But the good news is that we had planned ahead and celebrated my birthday the day before. And the other good news is that my father-in-law came through the surgery in good shape. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Eric, I apologize for missing this until now.
You're a class act and a good man and it's very kind of you to send birthday wishes my way.
My father-in-law, who's 91, had surgery on my birthday and Mrs. Lockback had to spend the whole day at the hospital while I tended to home matters. But the good news is that we had planned ahead and celebrated my birthday the day before. And the other good news is that my father-in-law came through the surgery in good shape. :thumbup1:
I'll keep your family in my prayers, my friend.

I've been ruminating a little lately on the subject of Single Edge vs Double Edge razors.
When I wandered in here awhile back, I was focused completely on DE razors. I wasn't even aware of SE razors other than the old injector style Schicks and I had no idea that injector razors are still made. I've collected quite a few DE razors, everything from vintage Gillette Super Speeds to a couple of adjustables and several 3-piece razors, all of which are wonderful.
But I have to say the Leaf Twig and Thorn that I bought last year have been a revelation. I love the way they shave and the fact they use half a DE blade rather than some expensive, hard-to-find proprietary or AC blade is a huge bonus. I recently picked up 100 Perma-Sharps for under $6 USD. I also have a Yaqi Tachi. It's much more aggressive but when I'm in the right mood, it's provided me with some decent shaves as well.
And now I'm even batting around the idea of picking up an injector razor, maybe a Supply. I sure don't need one but it might be fun. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom