What's new

My Guess... 3017

Good idea! I might try a 2-soap rotation once I kill the Tabac and the Pen’s cream
How do you go about it? Rotate every day or use one for a full week and then switch?

strop

Now half as wise
I started this about 3 years ago. Usually go 4 to 6 weeks at a time with about 4 products. Then start again with another 4. Enough variation yet still get the benefits of 3017.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I am doing a 3 soap rotation at the moment, but it seems to take forever, I did 4 soaps one at a time last year, then 3 this year but despite making progress on 2 of the soaps the Arko stick seems to be lasting forever.

Got 14 shaves on my MWF. I have a rotation of brushes, all synthetic, 24-26 mm. Tomorrow I'm bringing out The Big Gun - Razorock F400, with a 34mm knot. Pictured next to a RR Bruce with a 24 mm knot.
20210531_201939.jpg

Good idea! I might try a 2-soap rotation once I kill the Tabac and the Pen’s cream
How do you go about it? Rotate every day or use one for a full week and then switch?
No set rotation. Whatever strikes my mood. When I was using DRH Lavender, I didn't use my boar brushes for 6 months!!! There is just something about using a boar brush with an Italian soft soap. Now I am using all of my brushes which adds to the variety.

This Arko Stick has been in rotation since August/September 2015 (amazing how time flies). I've obviously not been using this stick often enough, but it is now approaching the finish line. What remains has weighed in at about 2-3 grams (or thereabouts, using analogue scales). I've always preferred to use this soap in stick format, but it has now become too small to hold while rubbing it into your stubble, so it finally gets been mashed into a bowl. My guess? Perhaps another 4-5 lathers...Maybe.

proxy.php

For those with lots of soaps and creams, I have one word for you: superlather.

When I first joined B&B there was one individual here who would Uberlather almost every day. At first, I thought it was wasteful but after I tried it I found every lather was great no matter what the combo of cream and soap.

When I first joined B&B there was one individual here who would Uberlather almost every day. At first, I thought it was wasteful but after I tried it I found every lather was great no matter what the combo of cream and soap.

And it’s fun to try and blend scents. When you’re in the depths of a run with MWF, it’s such a neutral scent that you can lay any cream on it. I once did it with Blenheim Bouquet and songs are still sung in Asgard about that combination.

Trying to finish the smaller samples before mashing them in a frankensoap.
Since I have a very hungry badger and load it on top before face lathering samples tend to vanish quickly.
So simply mash it into a bowl

And it’s fun to try and blend scents. When you’re in the depths of a run with MWF, it’s such a neutral scent that you can lay any cream on it. I once did it with Blenheim Bouquet and songs are still sung in Asgard about that combination.

How did you actually do it? Could you please describe the process?

How did you actually do it? Could you please describe the process?
Here is one way of doing it. I have converted my Haslinger Schafmilch into a shaving stick. It has a very neutral scent so it will blend with most things (like MWF). Wet the face, apply a thin layer of soap from the stick to the face. Now, load the cream or croap onto a shaving brush and face lather the combination. It will usually result in a lather explosion. Schafmilch + Bergamot/Neroli for example, is very nice this time of year.

Top Bottom