What's new

My Guess... 3017

My tub of Razorock Lime is hanging in there - I've used a lot of soap in the past 2 weeks and the remainder appears to be absorbing water and softening. Won't be too much longer.

Ahhh.....Haslinger always makes me smile.

That bad tube of Musgo Real was the last cream in my stash with the exception of a small travel tube of KMF I keep in my Dopp kit for traveling. Looks like I am all soap from here on out. 3017 is truly getting my stash in order.

I'm about 30-40% through a puck of Mugso Real soap. The smell is nice, but very very faint, even when I started using it. I have been wavering about the quality of the shave with this soap, so I have started switching day to day with my control soap, Mikes Natural. Tomorrow I will be using Mikes and I will make my decision, but it doesn't look good for the Mugso. I am using straights exclusively now, so I like my lather thin but super slick.

Just have a little bit of I Coloniali left. Thank goodness there is another puck in the cabinet.

IMG_20170806_061809.jpg

Hello All,
If I may join the 3017 movement...I just finished the following soap and AS, SoZ by Razorock.
Started both on Jan 31, 2017. A decent soap and AS for the price.
Now, onto a previously-started tub of Cella.
3017 SoZ.jpg

Well I've made my decision. Mugso Real soap is getting binned. Just not up to the quality of Mike's. It will be demoted to shave lather for my Arkansas stones. Bad thing is when I bought it I got two. Oh well.

Frankensoap update since I resumed it's use is, as before. Darn good, not up to Haslinger, but there was a surprise. I had forgotten I put a chunk of a mentholated prototype soap in here so the mildest touch of menthol has been nice this summer.

The first stretch of using this had been dominated with a beach-scented sample that got included but that has mostly subsided. I can't put my finger on which sample I'm mostly smelling but it's not offensive in the slightest at this point.

With my usage as low as it is there's no point in speculating a completion time yet, but I do suspect it'll last into 2018.

I'm a little behind, but here's an update of my 3017 fun. I finally killed my Arko bowl 7/13/17. I averaged about 2g per shave. The best thing, at least for me, about Arko is that 2 sticks smashed together makes a fantastic shower soap. And that's where the rest of my kilo is headed. After that I started a lightly used Mickey Lees The Kraken, which I used for 2 weeks until All Italian August. Mickey Lee seems like a pretty good soap performance wise, but to my nose The Kraken smells more like dryer sheets than ocean, but it's not unpleasant. For All Italian August I chose to 3017 a Cella tin I've used 3 or 4 times. So far this is the most enjoyable 3017 I've had in a while. Hopefully this holds out.

Dapper Dragon Green Dragon 7/17/16-8/12/16
MysticWaters Lily of the Valley 8/13/16-8/21/16
CO Bigelow Green 8/22/16-9/6/16
Dr. Jon's Hex 9/7/16-9/27/16
Razorock "The Freedburg" 9/28/16-10/27/16
MysticWaters Vetiver and Oakmoss 10/28/16-Bin
KShaveWorx Samples 10/28/16- 11/14/16
Arko 11/15/16- 11/24/16--4/10/17-7/14/17
AOS Sandalwood 11/27/16-11/30/16
MWF 12/1/16-4/10/17
Mickey Lee The Kraken 7/14/17-7/31/17
Cella 8/1/17-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If memory serves me, Haslinger Seaweed was the last of the Haslinger flavors I hadn't tried. Its performance is like all of the others. Superb. Scent is a tad stronger than the others but not over the top. Not sure how I would describe it, sort of a light aqua scent I suppose. Another winner.

The Kraken smells more like dryer sheets than ocean, but it's not unpleasant. For

My Kraken (hehe - it's fun to be childish sometime I guess) will be 3017ed this fall. While dryer sheets sounds like a nicer scent than "My Kraken" (ok I couldn't leave it alone once I thought of it) I feel like drier sheets may get bothersome now that it's stuck in my mind.

Nah - I'm fairly open when it comes to scents. There hasn't been a scent yet that I really hated. But I'll bin a soap in no time if it doesn't meet performance expectations.

If memory serves me, Haslinger Seaweed was the last of the Haslinger flavors I hadn't tried. Its performance is like all of the others. Superb. Scent is a tad stronger than the others but not over the top. Not sure how I would describe it, sort of a light aqua scent I suppose. Another winner.
Do you mean that as similar to an aquatic type cologne scent?

I was thinking seaweed literally and planned to stay far away from that one, but an artistic I could definitely enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Do you mean that as similar to an aquatic type cologne scent?

I was thinking seaweed literally and planned to stay far away from that one, but an artistic I could definitely enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I'm terrible at describing scents, it doesn't smell like seaweed at all. More cologne like.

strop

Now half as wise
The little dab of Razorock is doing its best impression of the Energized bunny I've seen in a while. I can't believe that it is lasting as long as it is.

Top Bottom