What's new

My Guess... 3017

Yeah, but it's nothing like Castle Forbes or Benton Clay. There are other notes going on and the total package really doesn't knock my socks off. It's not offensive, but I can easily give you 20 (maybe 50!) soaps and creams that smell better.

Well, I am only a few shaves into the TOBS Cedarwood, but so far the shaves are pretty good and getting better. I also love the scent. I am not sure how long it is going to last, but I think it will be good the whole way.

Next up a cream I wanted to get to before it hung around too long. Gave it a try tonight and it seems much better than the CF I decided to not continue. It's very soft so I'll feel I could murder this soap since there is no limit to how much I can scoop at a time. It's 'unscented' but has a light floral scent, here we go. Maximum effort!

Simpsons Unscented Luxury Shaving Cream

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Well I have finally rejoined the 3017 train after a long hiatus of trying products. Currently I'm 3017ing a tub of Cella. So far I have probably around a total of 30-35 shaves on the tub, but only in the last two weeks have I used it consistently. The performance has been outstanding and the scent is a classic for me.

I finally dialed in my lathering method for Cella as well. Before I always had too dry of a lather and it would end up drying before I could even finish my pass. I have learned that it's a very thirsty croap and that the Marco method for me is a waste of product. Don't get me wrong, it does make a great lather, but I just feel like it uses too much product unnecessarily. Of course YMMV. So far there is a noticeable dent in the tub compared to when I first got it, but for the price it has been excellent IMO.

Well, I've officially made it to 4 months with my CB Le Marche du Rasage. I've probably got 2-4 more shaved left. Although, it's been a nice journey, I'm ready to try something new.

So back on 7/26 I made a prediction that I thought I had one or two weeks left on the Le Pere Lucien soap. Well...that was before I started leaving the top off of the soap after each shave and letting it dry out. It has now been more than two weeks and I probably, wait for it, have about two weeks left :001_huh:.

So [MENTION=79744]PhilC[/MENTION], it looks like I could probably make 100g of LPL last for an inordinately long amount of time if I don't cover it at all. I'll be buying more in the future so I'll have to see if it lasts longer than the 5.5 months that my DR Harris Arlington lasted.

First shave with Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream, obtained in a trade for I can't remember what, coming tomorrow. Half a tub, so should be no more than a month. So happy for a different scent, and, based on a shave when I got the tub, improved performance.

I also got a stick of Erasmic veggie soap in the trade. Still the worst shaving product I have ever tried.

Last edited:
Palmolive makes a decent cream. Lathers easily, neutral scent, passable slickness, and on days like we're having here in the East, the menthol is excellent.

Duh, its right there in your signature line, does appear to be a 4 month commitment. I think I will not tackle that quite yet. I am thinking Chiseled Face summer storm would be an appropriate (late) summer project.

Since their reformulation, Catie's main line of soaps is now offered in 2 oz. and 4 oz. options. I think they've discontinued selling 8 oz.

Palmolive makes a decent cream. Lathers easily, neutral scent, passable slickness, and on days like we're having here in the East, the menthol is excellent.

I haven't used Palmolive in ages. From what I recall it was a pretty decent cream. Nothing to get excited about, but it provided good shaves. It seems to me I got away from Palmolive when I discovered Proraso Blue. At that time I recall thinking that PB was a much better cream than Palmolive.

I haven't used Palmolive in ages. From what I recall it was a pretty decent cream. Nothing to get excited about, but it provided good shaves. It seems to me I got away from Palmolive when I discovered Proraso Blue. At that time I recall thinking that PB was a much better cream than Palmolive.

I like the scent of the mentholated Palmolive better than Proraso Green, and the performance is comparable to me, but I haven't tried PB yet.

@sgemmet I haven't 3017'd a full tub on the Simpsons creams but I have gone through several samples and thought it was quite nice. I'll be interested in what you think. I had a full tub of the cafe latte but the wife said no to the scent and I traded it.

Oh Bruce...I am insanely jealous right now. If you have to cheat on Haslinger, it might as well be with a supermodel. Why oh why don't they bring that one back!? :mad3:

We'll see what comes first, the bottom of a tub of Soap Commander grapefruit or cold weather, which will bring out the Fine Lavender Pour Homme. I've used the SC 11 times. Finally, a scent I enjoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom