What's new

My Guess... 3017

I guess you are 1508.5'ing them :tongue_sm

Doesn't quite have the same ring as 3017'ing

Maybe he is 6034'ing since it will take longer to burn through soaps when not using them every day?? Or were you implying Kev is only half 3017'ing?

It's funny that you guys mention this as I was just wondering earlier what I should call doing the 3017 treatment on a half puck. I was thinking of cutting my pucks in half before pressing them in the bowl. I'll be on my third month of the B&M Hallows on Friday, and I've decided that I need a new soap sooner than every three months. If I chop the puck in half, I figure that the other half won't be getting wet at all and will last in storage better.

It's funny that you guys mention this as I was just wondering earlier what I should call doing the 3017 treatment on a half puck. I was thinking of cutting my pucks in half before pressing them in the bowl. I'll be on my third month of the B&M Hallows on Friday, and I've decided that I need a new soap sooner than every three months. If I chop the puck in half, I figure that the other half won't be getting wet at all and will last in storage better.

I think that is a great idea. Obviously the overriding theme of 3017'ing is just getting to know your product. I would assume that you could accomplish that nicely dedicating 45 days or so to each product.

Just for giggles, has anybody here ever figured out the secret of a soap after more than a month of 3017-type usage?

I think that is a great idea. Obviously the overriding theme of 3017'ing is just getting to know your product. I would assume that you could accomplish that nicely dedicating 45 days or so to each product.

Just for giggles, has anybody here ever figured out the secret of a soap after more than a month of 3017-type usage?

Yes. It took me longer than that to figure out my current soap.

brucered

System Generated

If it doesn't work for me, well under 30 days, I can live without knowing the secret.

I can't use a sub par soap for that long and not have it dialed it. I give them a week or so and if they give me issues (not scent), I usually move on.

If it doesn't work for me, well under 30 days, I can live without knowing the secret.

I can't use a sub par soap for that long and not have it dialed it. I give them a week or so and if they give me issues (not scent), I usually move on.

I finished that puck of Captain Fawcett's before I found out the secret.

I'm still plowing through the B&M Hallows. I had planned on moving to my tin of CRSW Winter at the beginning of January when I thought I would've finished the Hallows. Seeing as that quite obviously didn't happen, I think I might be doing something different for my next soap. Maybe I'll cut the Winter in half and save the other half for the end of the year.

What do you think of the scent of the CRSW Winter LE? I have it and I really like it.

I finished that puck of Captain Fawcett's before I found out the secret.

You're a machine. I would've stopped using that soap after a week or so. Probably less than a week actually.

Adding myself back into the MdC list

MdC 3017 Fest

1. beginish, Scented
2. Brianw, Scented
3. ruckin, Fougere
4. strop, Fougere
5. Jarick, Scented
6. JeffJ, Scented

What do you think of the scent of the CRSW Winter LE? I have it and I really like it.

I love the scent and take it out and smell it every so often because of this. It makes me think of teaching snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing back in Northern Minnesota. That was a great time of my life that I like getting reminded of now and then. I don't think that I could 3017 that entire tin in one straight shot though. Seeing how long the B&M has been lasting for me, I'd be done some time around July with the CRSW! I think I'm going to cut out a third of it and use that for the month of February. This way, I can have some for next winter.

Dun dun...dun dun

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1421816723819.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1421816723819.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 124

That's kind of the Idea we have over at the soap of the month club.

Done this quite a few times actually. Cella in the red tub when I was starting out and more recently a couple of Indian creams- SaharaQ and Cosmoplus.

That's kind of the Idea we have over at the soap of the month club.
Does everyone pick their own or is it a team effort to choose the new month? I was thinking of starting a club like that because I'm like Kev and Cosmos and need variety at least monthly, or Shaving goes back to just being a chore. But sound like there is one!

Does everyone pick their own or is it a team effort to choose the new month? I was thinking of starting a club like that because I'm like Kev and Cosmos and need variety at least monthly, or Shaving goes back to just being a chore. But sound like there is one!
Might join up. I don't think I've mastered the discipline yet to truly 3017. Over a month and I start to hate a soap.

I love the scent and take it out and smell it every so often because of this. It makes me think of teaching snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing back in Northern Minnesota. That was a great time of my life that I like getting reminded of now and then. I don't think that I could 3017 that entire tin in one straight shot though. Seeing how long the B&M has been lasting for me, I'd be done some time around July with the CRSW! I think I'm going to cut out a third of it and use that for the month of February. This way, I can have some for next winter.

It reminds me of being a boy and going to the forest with my Grandfather to cut our Christmas tree, that's what Winter LE smells like to me.
I like the scent enough that I asked Larry at CRSW if the Seasonal LE scents will be available each season. Next winters LE will have exactly the same scent as this years.

About a month into C&E Sandalwood and enjoying it. It is a hard puck, smells great, gives a creamy lather. It is really doing it all. Not an elite soap, but pretty darn good. I hope the Sienna and Nomad pucks I have are as good. It cost $9 4+ years ago.

ADD: Apparently I did like it when I first got it!
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/172961-C-amp-E-Sandalwood?highlight=

Is that an older formulation of C&E that you're using? I used a puck of the sandalwood a couple of years ago and it was very mediocre. I've read in various threads that C&E was reformulated at one point.

Top Bottom