What's new

Nacet blades

Gillette (Russia and India) makes a lot of high quality double edge blades under different names, including Nacets. I like the Nacets a lot, they're very good blades. Others I like from Gillette-
Gillette 7 o' clock Super Platinum (Black-made in India)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (made in India)
Gillette 365 (made in India)
Gillette Platinum (made in Russia)
Gillette Rubie (made in Russia)
Gillette Minora (made in Russia)
Gillette Silver Blue (made in Russia)
Gillette Perma-Sharp (made in Russia)
Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (green-made in India)
Astra Superior Platinum (formerly made in Russia, now made in India)

Hi All

I started wet shaving about 12 years ago with a Merkur 34C, sample blade pack, Semeogue badger and Proaso green.
I used plenty of soaps (TOB, Cella red, Proaso red, Tabac, La Toja stick, Arko stick), AS's (Proasa AS red and green, Floid, AV) and lot of different blades.

I stopped wet shaving during Covid but recently took it up again. I had forgotton how good I feel after a morning shave.

I have started building up my collection again and love the freshness of the more modern (to me) soaps.
SV, TGS, RR, Dr Harris and Cella Green are now in my collection, along with matching AS's and a Yaqi syntethic brush.

I just recieved an order of blades which included Nacets.
I have read here that they can be unforgiving so I used with a mild King C. Gillete razor.
My shave today was TGS Abysso, Nacet blade and Abysso AS

They result: One of the best shaves I have ever had. Very close and no irritation.
I am blown away with how good these blades are and their price range.
Yes there is a prevailing myth about blades like Nacets. The elders like to spin tall tales about how a very sharp blade is like breaking a mustang. Some people get blades like that but never use them. Truth is, sharper blades are the easiest to shave with. Simple physics tells you that.

Yes there is a prevailing myth about blades like Nacets. The elders like to spin tall tales about how a very sharp blade is like breaking a mustang. Some people get blades like that but never use them. Truth is, sharper blades are the easiest to shave with. Simple physics tells you that.
I agree with that. The sharper the blade, the less tug and pull, the smoother the shave. That's why I like most Indian and Russian made Gillette double edge blades. Most of them are plenty sharp and shave smooth as glass in all my double edge razors. And that includes Nacets.

Top Bottom