What's new

My Guess... 3017

I'm retiring or passing along the last few shaves of my Proraso Blue to our son. He's DE shaving a few times a week now and has an easy time with the tube cream.

PdP 63 got cracked open today. Amazing shave with it. I forgot how much water hard pucks need to stay hydrated on your face so they don't dry out. I did a second pass on my neck, normally I don't, and shouldn't have any issues moving forward.

Slick, creamy, great scent. I paired it with Yardley Citrus & Wood EdT for my afternoon on the couch with the dog.

I haven't used a hard pick of soap in a long time. It was fun.

View attachment 1390351
And done! The remnants are moving around, brush is clanking sides, pieces are ending up on my face.

Started: Jan 7, 2023
Ended l: Mar 3, 2023

I'm a 2 pass, face lather shaver, 3 times a week, took a few weeks off for out of town stuff and camping. I figure I got 150-175 shaves from it, give or take a few.

Awesome soap. It had a few quirks for me. I could only get it to work with a synthetic. Drier.brush worked best. 2nd pass lather was always better than first. Took a few weeks to dial in, no issues since then.

In the end, it is up there with the best of the best.

PXL_20230303_010616242.jpg

Last edited:
Shave 2 with SV today. Initial uses are phenomenal. 10-15 seconds loading with a damp brush (L’Occitane Synthetic by Plisson), face lather with 1 or two quick trips to the sink. Super slick and protective lather gave me effortless BBS shaves in 2 passes, with plenty left for a 3rd. I typically have to work for a BBS and usually end up with the odd nick or weepers.

I’m not calling it by any means, but as someone who has been using the classics for 14 years on this site, this is the first ‘new’ soap (I know, I know, it’s an 80 year old soap company) where my mileage did not vary from the enthusiastic posts I’ve read. And the scent is amazing (Manna di Sicilia). @Marco wasn’t lying. I will report back in a couple of weeks, but if this holds up, I’ve got 6+ months of phenomenal shaves to look forward to.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Shave 2 with SV today. Initial uses are phenomenal. 10-15 seconds loading with a damp brush (L’Occitane Synthetic by Plisson), face lather with 1 or two quick trips to the sink. Super slick and protective lather gave me effortless BBS shaves in 2 passes, with plenty left for a 3rd. I typically have to work for a BBS and usually end up with the odd nick or weepers.

I’m not calling it by any means, but as someone who has been using the classics for 14 years on this site, this is the first ‘new’ soap (I know, I know, it’s an 80 year old soap company) where my mileage did not vary from the enthusiastic posts I’ve read. And the scent is amazing (Manna di Sicilia). @Marco wasn’t lying. I will report back in a couple of weeks, but if this holds up, I’ve got 6+ months of phenomenal shaves to look forward to.
I must start following Marco's advice as well...

Started a tallow Tabac puck today. I expect to get a year out of it, based on my shave schedule.

I have never actually used it in all these years on B&B. I bought a puck years ago, probably 2015 or earlier, smelled it, dismissed it, and never tried it again. I have used IM many times, so know the soap base is good.

Posting weights for reference.

Empty jar: 282g
Soap puck: 125g (125.8g actual)

PXL_20230305_143548010.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230305_145219125.PORTRAIT.jpg

When did Tabac change to formula? I ask because I was recently generously pif'd a jar from the OP @johnniegold (thank you again). I plan on using the Tabac next but I still have 127.1 grams of Vitos extra coco to work my way through.

I am unsure how I missed posting on the fourth anniversary (today was shave 1471) but I still have a ways to go. The spreadsheet is now saying I should finish in late November this year but I would not be surprised if that date slips. I am on the third of the roughly equal chunks and the grams per shave seems to slowly drop as I work my way through the chunk so I should probably stop projecting when I will actually finish 3017 this brick.

Ruckin

Top Bottom