What's new

My Guess... 3017

I had toyed with the idea of using what's left of a brick of Cella for all of next year. I recently took the five chunks out of my freezer to weigh them and discovered I have a total of ~485 grams remaining. Sharing the freezer space is a full brick (~300 grams) of RazoRock Blue Fougere so I'm looking at about two years of shaves between the two of them. I have since selected some other soaps to target next year in an attempt to enjoy a few smaller victories before taking on the Cella mothership.
Forget the scouts, I'm targeting the mothership!

Cella_Shave_Soap_1kg.jpg

'A journey of thousand miles grams begins with a single step shave'

I will start the New Year with LPL Cedre-Patchouli (small tin, 98 grams). I know enough of MdC, it will be my retirement soap. But I am curious about this one, too. Tried the natural LPL (refill) last year, but could not get a good lather out of it. See if this one works better.

Does anyone else here wash their face with shave soap as a way of using more per day, or is that cheating? I usually shower and shave in the morning, but at night I’ve taken to doing a quick palm lather and washing my face usually with something lightly scented like Mike’s Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper.

(BTW, I’ve been lurking on this thread for a bit. I love the whole concept of 3017. Not sure I’m quite ready to commit to it fully yet but maybe one day...)
Its your soap, do as you see fit with it.

I temporarily set my 3017 of Haslinger Sandalwood aside, but its for a good reason. About a week ago I received a package from Barrister and Mann. It seems one of my sons who will not be home for Chirstmas placed and order with them and had it shipped to me. He texted me instructions to open it and start enjoying right away. In the box was a soap and balm, the scent is Vespers. I've used it the last few shaves and find these products to be excellent. Absolutely top notch. I dont find the scent anything related to the holiday season but it is a good winter scent and I quite like it. I don't know yet if I will 3017 this or just use it through the holidays and set it aside for next year. I'll see how quickly it goes and decide in a couple weeks. In the meantime every shave and every whiff of the Vespers aftershave balm will remind me of a fine young man serving his country in a far away land. Semper Fidelis.

As with many current artisan soft soaps the B&M Vespers is going very quickly. I'm just going to 3017 it rather than toy with my OCD and leave a half-finished soap sitting around until next year. It shouldnt take long to finish, maybe2-3 weeks. Then I'll jump back into my partial puck of Haslinger tallow and finish that off as well. Should be a couple quick kills this winter.

As with many current artisan soft soaps the B&M Vespers is going very quickly. I'm just going to 3017 it rather than toy with my OCD and leave a half-finished soap sitting around until next year. It shouldnt take long to finish, maybe2-3 weeks. Then I'll jump back into my partial puck of Haslinger tallow and finish that off as well. Should be a couple quick kills this winter.
@snowman senses weakness and goes for the kill.

This tub of Grooming Dept Sandalwood Fig and Musk is depleting at a terrifying rate. I've never worked through a full tub this fast. These really fatty cream soaps seem more for an indulgent splurge shave rather than the day in/day out grind of 3017'ing. I'll take it, though. After 4 months with the last product and still having at least 1/3 of it left before shifting over to knock out a few winter kills. I have another Grooming Dept in the queue to do this winter so I'll see if it was just this tub or the base. But my $/shave ratio is going to be very very high for this tub.

I'm retiring or passing along the last few shaves of my Proraso Blue to our son. He's DE shaving a few times a week now and has an easy time with the tube cream.

PdP 63 got cracked open today. Amazing shave with it. I forgot how much water hard pucks need to stay hydrated on your face so they don't dry out. I did a second pass on my neck, normally I don't, and shouldn't have any issues moving forward.

Slick, creamy, great scent. I paired it with Yardley Citrus & Wood EdT for my afternoon on the couch with the dog.

I haven't used a hard pick of soap in a long time. It was fun.

PXL_20220107_193807396.jpg

I'm retiring or passing along the last few shaves of my Proraso Blue to our son. He's DE shaving a few times a week now and has an easy time with the tube cream.

PdP 63 got cracked open today. Amazing shave with it. I forgot how much water hard pucks need to stay hydrated on your face so they don't dry out. I did a second pass on my neck, normally I don't, and shouldn't have any issues moving forward.

Slick, creamy, great scent. I paired it with Yardley Citrus & Wood EdT for my afternoon on the couch with the dog.

I haven't used a hard pick of soap in a long time. It was fun.

View attachment 1390351

Nice picture of a great soap. You've got a lot of good shaves in front of you.

Top Bottom