What's new

My Guess... 3017

I like that the floid bottles don’t have any real stopper. I am very liberal with the amount I pour out every use. Wasteful maybe, but that’s the only way Ill finish the litre or so I have stocked up.

I’m so glad I never fell down the AS rabbit hole. They take forever to kill. I Picked up a bottle of Old Spice in 1978 and I’m still working through it. A 400ml tub? Forgetaboutit!

Me too. Unlike the soaps, I never accumulated buckets of AS. At this time, I have the 3/4 full bottle of Booster Polar Ice and 3/4 full Lucky Tiger. Those I can manage, but it’s still almost 2 years of shaves between them.

Me too. Unlike the soaps, I never accumulated buckets of AS. At this time, I have the 3/4 full bottle of Booster Polar Ice and 3/4 full Lucky Tiger. Those I can manage, but it’s still almost 2 years of shaves between them.

I like Booster Polar Ice. Thats good stuff. My in-laws have a bottle and I help myself when we are visiting. I've been meaning to pick up a bottle......

strop

Now half as wise
Broke thru the bottom of the QCS puck this morning. 39 shaves thus far. Admittedly I’ve been loading heavily, but enjoying every shave. Should last me until late September.
383351E0-1B59-4AA3-97C8-0B53DC2B52A0.jpeg

Finally broke through. This has been a weird puck. This puck absolutely hates my Shavemac Unique 2 band badger brush. Not sure why, but when I use this brush the lather doesn't last. I load heavy and I never have enough lather for my 2nd and 3rd pass. I've used larger brushes, with half the load time, and I get TONS of lather. I use my regular Shavemac 2 band with great results. I've tried adding water to soften the soap before loading, something I never do. I tried cleaning the brush and it didn't help. Absolutely weird. I hate this and because of this issue have used my Shavemac Unique almost exclusively. These two have to be friends. :a31:
20210816_160249.jpg

I’ve been stretching this tube of Palmolive cream out as long as I can. I switched to the smallest synthetic brush I own, I think it’s an 18 or 20mm and thinning the lathers out as far as possible, to the point that it looks like I’m using a semi transparent brushless cream. It hasn’t affected performance, Im still getting stellar shaves.

I've been 3017ing my stash for a few years now and my latest victim was my puck of AoS Lavender soap that was given to me by my wife and started me on this DE shaving journey. I want to love this soap because of it's significance, but it's soooo finicky and really not great - it's the post-tallow version. Admittedly I'm only shaving about twice a week right now so it's taking a long time to knock off a soap. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it, but I need to take a break and use a great soap for a while. Looking through my list now to see what I can start working on next...

The ring of soap that was clutching to sides of the bowl has started disintegrating. I can probably get a few more uses out of this SV Stella Alpina puck. For the record, that puck was good for the equivalent of six months of use. Excellent performance. I found the scent intoxicating at the beginning, but tired a bit towards the end.

Next up will be the last tube of NOS Musgo Oakmoss that I grabbed for short money at the discount store. Probably about 80% left so should be done in ~2.5 months.

At the same time, the aftershave stash is dwindling and should be down to five soon.

AC843894-5157-4AF8-9F68-C226D8A0B6DE.jpeg

Finally broke through. This has been a weird puck. This puck absolutely hates my Shavemac Unique 2 band badger brush. Not sure why, but when I use this brush the lather doesn't last. I load heavy and I never have enough lather for my 2nd and 3rd pass. I've used larger brushes, with half the load time, and I get TONS of lather. I use my regular Shavemac 2 band with great results. I've tried adding water to soften the soap before loading, something I never do. I tried cleaning the brush and it didn't help. Absolutely weird. I hate this and because of this issue have used my Shavemac Unique almost exclusively. These two have to be friends. :a31:
View attachment 1312762

Weird. Yesterday I broke through my puck of Trumper’s Violet too. The Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic did in a few weeks what the badgers and boars couldn’t bring about. It won’t be long now.

Italian Palmolive is done. Typical of Palmolive a good solid product. The scent is a bit commercial, but its fine and doesnt get in the way, and this cream has the perfect level of menthol. This one will be missed and will be replaced when next summer rolls around. I had this tube for a few years and used it once in a while during particularly hot humid summer days before deciding to 3017 it the later part of this summer.

I havent decided whats next. The only partially used product left in the stash is the trusty jar of MdC Argumes thats been around for 4 or 5 years. I use it for a few weeks at a stretch between 3017 efforts. Its still not past the threads on the jar. I love the soap and some day I'll screw up the courage to 3017 it. That will take months...possibly years. So, I'm going to pull MdC out for a week or 2 or 3 until I decide on the next target. Cheers!

Palmolive 2.jpg

Palmolive 1.jpg

Some day I'll get around to 3017 MdC, but I lack the stamina these days. I'm still shaving on COVID time which means I shave about every 3 days rather than every day as I did prepandemic. I shudder to think how long a jar of MdC would last shaving every 3 days. What...4 or 5 years? :eek2:

Top Bottom