What's new

My Guess... 3017

Stirling Christmas Eve is no more. Simply awesome soap.

Last night was the first shave with my next project, a decade-old puck of I Coloniali mango oil soap. This was purchased probably a year or so into my wet shaving “career.” I remember not enjoying the soap then, but last night’s shave doesn’t stack up to what I thought then.

it’s going to be a good couple of months.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Last night was the first shave with my next project, a decade-old puck of I Coloniali mango oil soap. This was purchased probably a year or so into my wet shaving “career.” I remember not enjoying the soap then, but last night’s shave doesn’t stack up to what I thought then.

I was given some of that Christmas Eve from @Lightcs1776 ....that stuff is legit.

I’m making steady progress on my tub of TOBS Royal Forest cream. Performance continues to be the same caliber of every other Creightons-made cream that I’ve used, and I’m a fan of this new TOBS scent. I prefer both St James and Jermyn Street, but Royal Forest is no slouch.

I had a wonderful 3017 experience with iColoniali last summer. Once the puck was broken in, maybe a week or so into the effort, the lathers were effortles. Enjoy!

Alright, I forgot to report one soap which bite the dust - here is the latest report:

Namestartfinishedweight in grdays reference 100% avg% left/used %expected days avgreal daysgr/shave
Tabac(paused travel)1/3/20211/14/2021125294012114.5
Fine Lavender(travel)1/16/20212/2/202199238018174.7
Tabac(remain)2/4/20212/9/20211252910352.5
Cella2/10/20212/28/2021150355017184.2
Choco Cubano3/1/20213/11/2021113265013105.7

I know gr/shave is a bit high but it's also hard to "guess" without a scale how much of soap is left. Tabac had an interruption and Fine to as this was used for traveling.

I'd say that Proraso Red (I've the lotion and this nice pre shave cream which I use as an aftershave balm :001_tt1: ) will be now a decent benchmark for all softer soaps as it's new!

Let's continue the journey!

Cheers!

E04ABE87-6C23-438B-A8E3-27C018329B26.jpeg
A month in and about halfway through a tube of LEA Sensitive cream. Loving the shaves. I rifled through a box of creams and found an unfinished tube of Proraso, circa 2010. It is up next!

I’m making steady progress on my tub of TOBS Royal Forest cream. Performance continues to be the same caliber of every other Creightons-made cream that I’ve used, and I’m a fan of this new TOBS scent. I prefer both St James and Jermyn Street, but Royal Forest is no slouch.

if/when I restock, TOBS/Creightons creams are top of the list to try.

If you want to finish your soaps fast, go with big knot short loft "Boar". Today scaling 130gr. on my Cella. I am digging the Cella with Omega 10051 and Omega Proraso and loading directly from the bowl. :thumbup:

I started my Cella journey with 152gr. My earlier scale reading was 130gr. Today scaling shows that Cella is 119gr. I confess I used 2-3 times other creams/soaps. I expect to finish it around June. Sticking to one product, increase your skills on that specific product and after a certain time, you start to use in full performence. At this stage you do not push any more to finish it but instead you start to fill use more longer and enjoy from this product. This feeling helps you to finish the product faster :001_rolle.

I wish that Palmolive came as a puck. Not a big one, but a Haslinger-sized puck would do just fine. It would be a good, solid short-commitment soap when you just want something nice and reliable at a very fair price.

Agree! The stick was sliced up and put in a bowl. Not the same as a fresh intact puck.

CHEAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up here in Frostbite Falls we had been flirting with Spring last week. I saw my first Robin of the season several days ago. The past couple days winter reappeared and left some snow. I watched a few robins walking around on top of 3 inches of fresh snow over this mornings coffee. sigh...long damn winter.

I needed a cheat day from Haslinger since I've been using it since November. Lavender...I needed Lavender to break the funky mood I was in. I dug around and ran across this tube of T&H. It has a light lavender scent. You have to look for it, but once found its very good. I followed it up with the recently discontinued Mr Fines Lavender Pour Homme. Too bad it didnt catch on more, its a nice scent and pairs well with a favorite shaving soap of mine, Oxford and Cambridge.

Its several hours since the shave and I still catch a nice whiff of lavender now and then. Ahhhh. Breaking this mornings routine was a good call. I feel like a new man.

T&H.jpg

Two nights ago my bowl of RR Blue Fougere was scrubbed bare with my Zenith unbleached. I enjoyed my time with this soap but am happy to move on. I averaged 3.81g/shave which is a new high for me. While I could have used less product (probably by half) I really enjoyed the shaves and that's what counts right?

If you wonder where I stood with this soap if I didn't have another in reserve I wouldn't go out of my way to find it... but I look forward to the second go around and don't plan to sell or pif. The scent was nice and while slightly muted still recognizable to the end.

20210315_202353.jpg

Last year I bought a lot of 7-8 shaves soaps most of which I haven’t tried. I took a few days off before New Years to sample them and I'm going to start going full boar on Turtleship Grooming Patchouli. This soap's scent is strong and while I like patchouli it might prove to be a bit much.

Top Bottom