What's new

My Grande Journey

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thats just what I got too.

Grande with a fresh Feather and my little Maggard, of course.

I never face lathered this cream before but I did today. I started with a well shaken out damp brush, added a 1/2" long squeeze to the middle of it, wet my face and went at it. It took a bit of effort to get the lather started and worked throughout the brush and my face but I got there easily enough. I had to dip the tips twice before my first pass to build up enough lather and even then it was on the thick side so I dipped them again. Poof! I had enough lather for two shaves, easily.

First pass N-S. Easy peasy. It felt more like a Derby Extra than a Feather. Nice and smooth, no harshness...

Second pass S-N. Slight tugging directly under my chin but outside of that, the same as the first pass. Easy, smooth and comfortable. No harshness...

Third pass ATG. This is where it really started to shine. R>L and L>R on my neck was very easy and comfortable as was the next clean up done the same way.

Three full passes with minimal buffing and one cleanup with considerably more buffing and.... no harshness. At all. I had no redness nor warmth to my skin whatsoever immediately post shave, while having a very close BBS finish.

Slickness is as good as any soap/cream I've used and arguably better than Wickham and PdP.

Cushion is very good. Easily as good as Wickham and WK DM while bettering CRS.

Residual slickness, which I value highly, is arguably better than any other soap/cream I've used.

Scent...
View attachment 1065184

Very mild and unobtrusive yet present in a very neutral way.

For $3.49CAD a tube, this stuff is a better deal than a Piccolo!

Feeling my face and neck as I type this, my skin is cool and feels well moisturized. Like I'd used a hand lotion or something, yet all I did was what I always do, a quick wipe with a damp hand towel.

The comfort is as good as any DE shave I've had, but I can feel the difference between a DE blade and the comfort of a more stable SE blade. The more often I change back and forth, the more noticeable that difference is.

My left side jawline is a very nice BBS. That was accomplished easier than usual. Nice shave...

Back to the MMOC next shave!

What soap is this, Mike. I have gotten confused, but maybe it's Nivea (a soap I've never seen).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
What soap is this, Mike. I have gotten confused, but maybe it's Nivea (a soap I've never seen).

Nivea Sensitive shave cream.

nivea_sens-500x500.jpg

I can get it at any drugstore or Walmart here in Canada, but not sure about the US.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The dealbreaker?

No, but it is boredom inducing. The nice thing about it will be superlathers using it and my other soaps/creams. A superlather with Nivea and CRS Sandalwood and P&B Iceni will be a very nice experience.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Scent in soaps is overrated I think unless...

Tabac. Chin Whiskers hate the smell.480..jpg

...unless the soap stinks in which case the whiskers and the shave suffer along with you, your family, your friends, your neighbors, and everybody in the vicinity, a vicinity which extends beyond the oceans.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I thought of you Jim, when @martym posted this pic of his Tabac supply lol.

I thought I smelled something.

baby skunk's like tabac (meme) 480..png

What can I say? What does a baby skunk know?

Adult Skunk Hates Tabac. (meme).jpg

Perhaps that's going too far...

Tabac friends warn you.jpg

...but I doubt it.

The stuff smells horrible. Other than that it's probably a good soap (yes, I tried it once).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
MMOC, flipped blade. I cant remember how many shaves on it but I think 8 now.

Nivea superlather with P&B Iceni.

My best shave yet...

Superlather with Wickham next.

Top Bottom