What's new

My Grande Journey

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Nice, Mike.

Looks like you're having fun making 'em look good.

View attachment 1058002

The old brass GEM/ER razors polish up amazingly well in my experience (and I did it all by hand mostly just using a brass toothbrush, rags, and Flitz).

Brass is beautiful!

Happy shaves,

Jim
My, that is beautiful.
giphy.gif

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Raves feathers are ruffled lol.

Wait a minute.....Rave, it looks like gold, but its not gold...

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I put a fresh PTFE in the Bullet Tip the other day and was sure it would be like going home after a long trip away. Wrong. That blade was possessed. Either by Dracula or Captain Howdy, not sure which, but I'm guessing Captain Howdy lol.

First shave I cut myself, pretty good to, on the face of my chin. My fault for being less than careful, but I usually am...

Flipping it for the second shave, the corner of the blade stabbed the pad of my thumb. During the second shave, I reopened the previous cut along with a new one at the right side of my mouth and then again left side swirl.

To deprive the evil in that blade, I tucked into into my used blade holder and loaded a fresh Feather in my Brit clone. All is well. The evil has been exorcised.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I put a fresh PTFE in the Bullet Tip the other day and was sure it would be like going home after a long trip away. Wrong. That blade was possessed. Either by Dracula or Captain Howdy, not sure which, but I'm guessing Captain Howdy lol.

First shave I cut myself, pretty good to, on the face of my chin. My fault for being less than careful, but I usually am...

Flipping it for the second shave, the corner of the blade stabbed the pad of my thumb. During the second shave, I reopened the previous cut along with a new one at the right side of my mouth and then again left side swirl.

To deprive the evil in that blade, I tucked into into my used blade holder and loaded a fresh Feather in my Brit clone. All is well. The evil has been exorcised.

Shaving White Belt Photo Meme.jpg

Mike, is this post anti-GEM/ER?

Don't get blood on the SWB!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
For yesterdays shave I picked up my CRS Rose and then my eye caught the half used tube of Nivea Sensitive cream that I hadnt used in over a year...

It's too early to say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that Nivea cream performs as well, if not even better, than my other soaps and creams.

I'll be using it for the next few shaves and finding out.

12dja3.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
For yesterdays shave I picked up my CRS Rose and then my eye caught the half used tube of Nivea Sensitive cream that I hadnt used in over a year...

It's too early to say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that Nivea cream performs as well, if not even better, than my other soaps and creams.

I'll be using it for the next few shaves and finding out.

View attachment 1064824

What if it really is all technique?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
What if it really is all technique?

Technique is a lot of it but as I'm sure you're aware after using so many different soaps Jim, it aint everything.

I'll be using that Nivea again today. I expect perfection. Bear in mind however that todays shave with be the 6th shave on the blade. I wont know how well it performs, truthfully, until its time to switch to a fresh blade, but I have noticed the difference.

$3.49CAD per tube on sale. $3.49! The toothpaste analogy from Al @AimlessWanderer rings true in a way but I use less Nivea than I do toothpaste lol.

If only it smelled like P&B Iceni...

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I expect perfection.

Thats just what I got too.

Grande with a fresh Feather and my little Maggard, of course.

I never face lathered this cream before but I did today. I started with a well shaken out damp brush, added a 1/2" long squeeze to the middle of it, wet my face and went at it. It took a bit of effort to get the lather started and worked throughout the brush and my face but I got there easily enough. I had to dip the tips twice before my first pass to build up enough lather and even then it was on the thick side so I dipped them again. Poof! I had enough lather for two shaves, easily.

First pass N-S. Easy peasy. It felt more like a Derby Extra than a Feather. Nice and smooth, no harshness...

Second pass S-N. Slight tugging directly under my chin but outside of that, the same as the first pass. Easy, smooth and comfortable. No harshness...

Third pass ATG. This is where it really started to shine. R>L and L>R on my neck was very easy and comfortable as was the next clean up done the same way.

Three full passes with minimal buffing and one cleanup with considerably more buffing and.... no harshness. At all. I had no redness nor warmth to my skin whatsoever immediately post shave, while having a very close BBS finish.

Slickness is as good as any soap/cream I've used and arguably better than Wickham and PdP.

Cushion is very good. Easily as good as Wickham and WK DM while bettering CRS.

Residual slickness, which I value highly, is arguably better than any other soap/cream I've used.

Scent...
meh.jpg

Very mild and unobtrusive yet present in a very neutral way.

For $3.49CAD a tube, this stuff is a better deal than a Piccolo!

Feeling my face and neck as I type this, my skin is cool and feels well moisturized. Like I'd used a hand lotion or something, yet all I did was what I always do, a quick wipe with a damp hand towel.

The comfort is as good as any DE shave I've had, but I can feel the difference between a DE blade and the comfort of a more stable SE blade. The more often I change back and forth, the more noticeable that difference is.

My left side jawline is a very nice BBS. That was accomplished easier than usual. Nice shave...

Back to the MMOC next shave!

Top Bottom