What's new

My Gift (PIF) Damaskeene has arrived! Thanks BowTieGuy!

The mailman brought me a great gift today...a sweet looking razor from BowTieGuy (Doug) who was kind enough to give me this excellent example of a Gem Damaskeene. She's a real beauty.

The head of this razor is minty and has a great shine to it. A little clean-up on the handle and this will be one great looking razor. My photos don't do it justice, but this is certainly the nicest one I've seen in my search for a 1912 Damaskeene. Can't wait shave with it!

Thanks again BowTieGuy for this excellent razor! You're a friend and a gentleman!

$DSC02723.jpg$DSC02724.jpg$DSC02725.jpg$DSC02726.jpg

Outstanding! That's a great looking Damaskeene, and judging from the handle that should be one of the early ones from before 1919 or so when they were still known as Gem Cutlery.

Jeff,
Thanks for the honorable mention. When I read of your woes in trying to find a Damaskeene, including more than once getting stiffed on that big auction site through no fault of your own, it simply seemed that I had some small ability to rectify the situation. I hope you enjoy your "new" razor as much as I enjoyed sending it.

DB

Top Bottom