What's new

My GFT Violet cream turned into soap

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
UPDATE: I've given up on this cream/soap. It's going in the medicine cabinet until I'm out of Bluebeard's revenge or any other cream.
I'm just curious what would happen if you melted it, if in a few months it still sucks. I can NEVER leave well enough alone, though, so don't follow my advice brother.

I'm just curious what would happen if you melted it, if in a few months it still sucks. I can NEVER leave well enough alone, though, so don't follow my advice brother.

In the microwave? Most likely foam up and spill over, leaving a violet scent in there, lol! But yeah, man, I've got other creams to use. I just recently bought a tub of T&H Trafalgar.

The photo seems to be similar to the italian soft soaps.
Proraso implies that their creams and soaps are essentially the same product (ingredients list is not identical) and the difference is the curing time (note that both are "Sapone da barba").
Mixing it until lumps dissolve and then letting it dry to the desired consistency might work.
I would probably dedicate the time trying to bring it back - this color is too impressive to dismiss.

I can't stir it yet. Parts of the content are still hard. I'm starting to think this was a bad batch.
Give it a good stir with a teaspoon to incorprate all the water; I have done that before. You probably put too much water in.
I use a scuttle so put a large snurdle in and whip up the lather. It works fine that way and it is a good cream; just use a drier brush when you lather. It seems to have dried out due to long storage which does happen with some vendors.
Do not put it in the microwave.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
You’re putting way too much water in way too fast. Creams in tubs and plastic tubes dry out as you use them because of the air exchange. A periodic spritz of distilled water from a spray bottle will help as you draw the cream down. It didn’t get that way overnight. Put the lid on it and check it in a month. Otherwise, scoop it into a ramekin or latge spice bowl (with an appropriate amount of distilled water) and beat the heck out of it - then put it in the jar for a week.

Top Bottom