What's new

My GFT Violet cream turned into soap

70921033_399389854308292_6851230774293692416_n.jpg

I'm sure this has happened to some of you before. It's only been a year
Just add some water, cover, let sit for week, stir.

Should I use boiling hot? Cold? or room temp?

I don't use it much because I strongly believe I recieved a bad batch, if there is such a thing. It's a year since I purchased this.

I'm sure this has happened to some of you before. It's only been a year

Should I use boiling hot? Cold? or room temp?

I don't use it much because I strongly believe I recieved a bad batch, if there is such a thing. It's a year since I purchased this.

Most creams will thicken a little over time. Your tub possibly had sat in storage for long time.

Try adding a couple tablespoons of plain water at first and give it a week to soak in. I would not try to heat or accelerate the process.

Going forward you might want to use plastic wrap as inner seal under the lid to keep air out.

Most creams will thicken a little over time. Your tub possibly had sat in storage for long time.

Try adding a couple tablespoons of plain water at first and give it a week to soak in. I would not try to heat or accelerate the process.

Going forward you might want to use plastic wrap as inner seal under the lid to keep air out.

Out of curiosity, have GFT creams been reformulated over the past few years? I'm out of the loop on what's been changed so far.

I've been treating it like a puck of soap, and lathering upside down. The slickness and cushion aren't there with this cream.

As suggested already add an ounce of water cover it and revisit it in a week or two.
....If that is a full tub of cream that has shrunk to what you have pictured there I would go to two ounces and leave it alone for two weeks.
Good luck.

UPDATE: After a week and 4 oz of water, the consistency and texture has become very gooey. It absorbed the first trail of water I put in it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
UPDATE: After a week and 4 oz of water, the consistency and texture has become very gooey. It absorbed the first trail of water I put in it.
I'm not familiar with how it should be, so is it becoming more like it should be? Thanks, Dave

You may have over-done it with the water, or perhaps water wasn't the answer to your problem.
If it's too runny, you may need to allow it time to evaporate somewhat. But first I would stir it up well while it's still overly soft to re-incorporate in case there's been any separation.

You may have over-done it with the water, or perhaps water wasn't the answer to your problem.
If it's too runny, you may need to allow it time to evaporate somewhat. But first I would stir it up well while it's still overly soft to re-incorporate in case there's been any separation.

I can't stir it yet. Parts of the content are still hard. I'm starting to think this was a bad batch.

I have some 10-15 year old creams that are now totally dried out out. I use them as you would a hard soap - seems to work the same, though the scents have faded quite a bit.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have some 10-15 year old creams that are now totally dried out out. I use them as you would a hard soap - seems to work the same, though the scents have faded quite a bit.
Thanks for the info. I always figured this would work. Thanks for the confirmation!
Dave

There was a thread on B&B where Proraso Wood & Spice cream was left to air out and cure to croap consistency. It worked beautifully.

UPDATE: I've given up on this cream/soap. It's going in the medicine cabinet until I'm out of Bluebeard's revenge or any other cream.

Top Bottom