What's new

My Friends are Surprised...

that I bought 100 blades for $9.

Because I've been using DE razors and generic grocery store blades for decades, I was unaware the cost of removing unwanted hair on the human body. Maybe I will be able to convert a few of my friends to reconsider their approach to shaving, save money, and keep plastic out of the land fill.

I wish I knew a way to mail my used blades somewhere so they might be recycled. Please advise. :)

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I wouldn't worry about those used blades. They are not a big problem. They are very light. And they will decompose much faster than plastic.

Try to convert a friend or more. Keep looking SHARP, as Gillette says.

Our city has a recycling program for metals, paper, cardboard. I use a basic blade bank (from West Coast Shaving) for my used razor and utility knife blades. When it gets full, it gets recycled.

This one had over 200+ blaes when it was recycled.
Blade Bank.JPG

I am surprised every time I compare the price of the newest carts to the blades I purchase!!

(It helps justify what I spend on other shaving related stuff!) :a29:

You can still find and install a blade slot in your bathroom. The blades fall into the wall. It would take six lifetimes to fill up half the space.

You can still find and install a blade slot in your bathroom. The blades fall into the wall. It would take six lifetimes to fill up half the space.

I think it depends on where you live. Here in Upstate NY, the mice really shouldn't be trusted with razor blades or other sharp objects. Even my pencils are kept in a locked drawer.:001_tongu

I think it depends on where you live. Here in Upstate NY, the mice really shouldn't be trusted with razor blades or other sharp objects. Even my pencils are kept in a locked drawer.:001_tongu
I can just imagine what Loozyana cockroaches would do with 'em. . . .

Any metal can works well as a blade bank. I use a soda can.

They don't accept razor blades for recycling because it is dangerous for the workers to handle. It's better to just seal up the can with duct tape. Write "razor blades" on it. And toss in the garbage. It takes a very long time to fill up a soda can with blades. Don't worry, you're already being more green than if you used plastic cartridges. But if you really want to go green, get a straight razor.

Any metal can works well as a blade bank. I use a soda can.

They don't accept razor blades for recycling because it is dangerous for the workers to handle. It's better to just seal up the can with duct tape. Write "razor blades" on it. And toss in the garbage. It takes a very long time to fill up a soda can with blades. Don't worry, you're already being more green than if you used plastic cartridges. But if you really want to go green, get a straight razor.

I’ve always used the razor dispenser. Now I use an old jar with a lid. Oh well I tried . [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this a couple of weeks ago at a garage sale. It's small and doesn't take up much room on the counter. When it fills up, I'll pop out the bottom, drop them in to something bigger, then start over. The guy I bought it from was at least 70, he said he's had it since he was a kid. I think it's pretty cool.

2018-05-24 19.22.13.jpg

I found this a couple of weeks ago at a garage sale. It's small and doesn't take up much room on the counter. When it fills up, I'll pop out the bottom, drop them in to something bigger, then start over. The guy I bought it from was at least 70, he said he's had it since he was a kid. I think it's pretty cool.

View attachment 885869
I like it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Blades are not recyclable
Our bin is overflowing every week. We recycle a lot. I give myself a pass on blades and pet food cans. I'm just not going to wash them out.

I’ll bet there are local agencies that receive sharps containers for medical waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blades are way easy to recycle.

I started this hobby to save those 2 packs of Gillette Fusion blades per year, and I ended buying razors, shavettes, brushes, soaps and creams...Yes there is ATG, xtg and Wtg. There is a mild, and an aggressive razor. Sure, artist club, gem blade, Injector blades too. Don't forget the feather 10 blade also. Brushes? 4 types exist. Lol lol

We are such a smart beings!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Use a pill bottle!

1. Clear- can see there are blades in it.

2. Child-proof lid.

3. Holds hundreds (when they lay flat). I think. Haven't filled one yet!

AA

Top Bottom