What's new

My first Straight...

The Classic doesn't get a lot of love around here. It can be difficult to get a good lather with. Plenty of other good choices there, and if you are a cream guy, I'm sure you'll get on well with the Tabac.

Hmm... then maybe the first time I go and use a soap I will start with the Mama Bears, MWF, or Tabac. I don't wait to have a bad run right from the start. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Just a heads up... the MWF has a reputation for being a bit tricky to lather but once you get it is said to be awesome. Always remember like anything else it all takes practice and you can have the easiest soap or creme in the world to lather and for one reason or other it wont come out right. Don't give up just ask questions and try again :thumbup:

Ok guys I have taken the great advice I have been given. I just got off of the phone with Larry at whippeddog.com and ordered one of his Poor man's strop kit. He was very nice to deal with and also gave me some pointers. Thank you all for the advice on getting a cheaper strop to start with.

Top Bottom