What's new

My find of the day

Out of the way antique store, laying inside a plastic bag, $7.50 for all of them.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm curious about the closed-end SS with the wider gap in the handle, versus the two open-ends, which are like the one I already have. I know there are threads explaining what the difference signifies so I'll look it up later...unless someone wants to tell me! :001_smile

Have shaved with a Tech and SS before, but never saw an open comb before today (besides on here). Cleaned it up, popped in one of Maher's old/new Gillette blades and quite a nice shave it was. Better than the Tech, I think, but could be a difference in blades used. And yes, there are hairline cracks, but given it's stamped 1920, I'm surprised it's in as good of shape as it is.

Thanks for looking

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That closed end SS is a Rocket, right?
What does it say under the head?

Just go ahead and let me know if you want to sell or trade for that one my friend.

Last edited:
Well you know I'm going to have to shave with it before I do anything with it. :001_smile What's special about Rockets, anyway? Do they shave any different than U.S. SS's, or are they just hard to come by? Seriously, I dunno.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Reportedly shaves like a Superspeed, just a little more difficult to come by than a standard 40's style SS. Makes it more interesting for collector type folks.

Nice snag, and I believe Topgumby when he says it's good Karma.

Anyway, should make a great shave! Congrats!

I know I don't need the SSs (got one already), so I intended to offer them up here for sale as soon as I can - but I think I've got awhile before I can sell anything. Same with the silver Tech. Doubt anyone wants the hunk o' brass.

Phil, since you asked first, you'll have first crack at the Rocket when I'm able to put it on the block. Just do me one favor (I'll PM you on that). Thx,

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I know I don't need the SSs (got one already), so I intended to offer them up here for sale as soon as I can - but I think I've got awhile before I can sell anything. Same with the silver Tech. Doubt anyone wants the hunk o' brass.

Oh, you'd be surprised. The Tech is a great razor and always in demand, even though it doesn't command killer prices.

Phil, since you asked first, you'll have first crack at the Rocket when I'm able to put it on the block. Just do me one favor (I'll PM you on that). Thx,

PM away my friend!

The "hunk o' brass" might be the best shave in the group.

The ball end Tech is a great shaver, and I'd be curious to see those 40's type SS razors with the doors opened...are they notched, and are there date codes on the underside?

I don't know much about rockets other than they are well made and scarce in the states.

The "hunk o' brass" might be the best shave in the group.

It WAS pretty good, I was surprised.

I'd be curious to see those 40's type SS razors with the doors opened...are they notched, and are there date codes on the underside?

The wife's the photog here, she'll get pics of the insides tonight. They're all clean (already Scrubbing Bubbled them), but the Rocket's the cleanest of the bunch.

I'd be curious to see those 40's type SS razors with the doors opened...are they notched, and are there date codes on the underside?

proxy.php

Notch on the left, no notch on the right. Text on both is the same (tho the font is bigger and "classier" looking on the no-notch). No date codes.

I've gotten some great deals on razors in lots. I think you might have just topped my bet deal! (It's close, not positive).
A '47 Super Speed (the first year and probably the most sought after) and a No Date SS. The Rocket, and think about this... a 90 year old razor, plus the Tech (a dime a dozen, and yet renowned as fine and mild shavers). All for the cost of a couple cups at Starbucks.

Great Score!!!

Top Bottom