What's new

My face was eaten by a shark!

I find that weepers result most often from too much pressure or too aggressive a razor. Only problem I had with Shark Super Chromes is that they don't last as long as Russian Gillettes do for me. Only got 73 shaves on it.

I didn't have trouble with weepers even in an old German bakelite slant that looks like it will remove your skin.

Check to make sure your razor is clamping the blade down properly -- a loose blade is VERY uncomfortable to shave with. Found that out by having my FatBoy unscrew once.

The Shark Super Chrome might not be the smoothest blade out there, but it is decent. I get nice shaves with it in the Progress @5 using a very protective cream, like say Nivea blue tube

Been using Shark blades, SS & SC, for 4 yrs now and though I have had a weeper or two I've never had one draw blood like the OP describes!! I'm thinking there might be some user error involved that's not being mentioned. Just my 2c...

Shark attacks, although rare, do happen!

I would give it another go though with a new blade. Usually, if it is a dud, you can tell by the first few strokes, so if it doesn't feel right at all WTG, then yes perhaps this blade does not go along with you face :/

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've been using Shark SS exclusively since Arko-Sharko August, never really having used them before. I'd say I've used about 14 or 15 blades between August and now. They aren't equal to my top tier blades (Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette Wilkinson Sword) but I'm using them and they're perfectly acceptable. I probably have some Shark Chromes around here somewhere, and I've probably tried them, but I have no recollection of ever having used them.

Sorry to see the posts about bad experiences with these blades. Also surprised.

This morning was my 8th shave with my 1st Shark Super Chrome, in a Tatara Masamune. All 8 shaves have been unusually smooth and comfortable and also efficient enough. I usually toss blades after 8 shaves, but I’m going to see how long this blade continues to work well.

The guess about inconsistent QC seems reasonable. Maybe I’m just lucky with this blade.

Had a similar experience with a super chrome in my wade and butcher open comb DE (old type knockoff). In my tech I had a better experience, but still not great.

If I was stuck with shark blades, it better be a SS. Otherwise I'd be growing a beard.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You can get away with a poor blade in a mild razor, but not an aggressive one.

Sharks aren't great, no. But a bad blade can happen also.

I've used Feathers a zillion times, but my last shave was so bad, I tossed it mid-shave and haven't reached for one since.

I know it was a bad blade, but. Just don't like bleeding.

AA

You can get away with a poor blade in a mild razor, but not an aggressive one.

Sharks aren't great, no. But a bad blade can happen also.

I've used Feathers a zillion times, but my last shave was so bad, I tossed it mid-shave and haven't reached for one since.

I know it was a bad blade, but. Just don't like bleeding.

AA
So the question is, do you toss the whole tuck or do you assume it was just one bad blade? Your face is in the balance.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So the question is, do you toss the whole tuck or do you assume it was just one bad blade? Your face is in the balance.

It's true!

For example, some people like Nacets - actually a lot of people.

Every time I tried one I got a terrible shave. Thought I had some counterfeits. One tuck I might toss, but I had a bunch.

Eventually I learned they (seem to) have a coating. Once that wears off, they actually are a long lasting blade. Corking the blade benefits here.

AA

It's true!

For example, some people like Nacets - actually a lot of people.

Every time I tried one I got a terrible shave. Thought I had some counterfeits. One tuck I might toss, but I had a bunch.

Eventually I learned they (seem to) have a coating. Once that wears off, they actually are a long lasting blade. Corking the blade benefits here.

AA
I have only tried a Nacet one time and it was the first shave with my UK Aristocrat. I shed so much blood it scared me. Worst shave of my life. I binned that blade. I have 4 blades left and I want to try them again in my Rockwell but there is no rush lol.

Top Bottom