What's new

My face was eaten by a shark!

Been working my way through a blade sampler. Today I decided to try a Shark Super Chrome. As usual with any new blade, I used my Progress, as in my experience I could stick a piece of sheet metal in that sucker and get at least a decent shave. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad shave with either of my Progress’s. That all changed this morning. That blade turned my face into raw hamburger. I had more weepers than I’ve ever gotten from a single shave. Blood was running down my neck onto my chest in rivulets. I should have taken a picture because you guys probably think I’m exaggerating. I’m not. It was awful. Ended up changing blades for my head.

I know it’s YMMV with anything in this hobby, especially blades, but is this common with Shark blades? I thought I’d heard good things about them, but I may have gotten them confused with another brand. After today these blades are going in the bin. I don’t know if I even want to inflict them on a fellow shaver through a PIF.

Sorry to hear about the condition of your face brother @sdimartino :(

I've got a few free blades with some razors notably from Parker, however have never used them. I've read many horror stories on this one, just like yours and decided to stay away. The ones I've got are yellow packing.
2020-11-1614.40.411233959441459131352.jpg

The DE blade universe has so much to explore, best to bin stuff which doesn't work for you or PIF to someone who it works for.

I have had good luck so far with Lord blades such as the Racer Platinum and Silver Star. It's been a long time since I've tried Sharks, though. Maybe something slipped through Quality Control.

Sorry to hear of your experience mate! I’ll bet most of us who read it will wince, because we’ve been there.

I’ve only got a tuck each of the Shark Super Chrome, Super Stainless, and Platinum, and they weren’t high on the list of future uses, but they may just have dropped down a bit further! Hope your face and head soothe quickly, brother.

Been working my way through a blade sampler. Today I decided to try a Shark Super Chrome. As usual with any new blade, I used my Progress, as in my experience I could stick a piece of sheet metal in that sucker and get at least a decent shave. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad shave with either of my Progress’s. That all changed this morning. That blade turned my face into raw hamburger. I had more weepers than I’ve ever gotten from a single shave. Blood was running down my neck onto my chest in rivulets. I should have taken a picture because you guys probably think I’m exaggerating. I’m not. It was awful. Ended up changing blades for my head.

I know it’s YMMV with anything in this hobby, especially blades, but is this common with Shark blades? I thought I’d heard good things about them, but I may have gotten them confused with another brand. After today these blades are going in the bin. I don’t know if I even want to inflict them on a fellow shaver through a PIF.

You did the right thing. Life is too short and blades are too cheap to stick with a tuck that cuts you up.

Shark super stainless are very very nice imo the best of the sharks...chromes tend to be a bit rougher of a shave at times...smooth out a bit after a couple of shaves
The sampler came with a tuck of the super stainless as well. Now I’m not sure if I want to give them a try.

I actually like the Shark stainless.....those seem good for 2 shaves. The chrome version I tried once, I bought 100 by mistake....they are rough.....I did not get cut just felt not sharp and I switched.
Interestingly I do like most Gillette blades and used a Thai Super Thin, now this one gave me weepers every time I used it....garbage.

I like the Super Stainless better than the chromes. I tried both for the first time during Shark Week and had no drama. I have used the German Wilkies for a while and the last blade cut me no matter which razor I used. I think sometimes bad blades slip through.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I absolutely agree with your assessment of Shark super chrome blades. They are one of only two blades that have ever given me a bad shave in my Fatip Piccolo. I have never had a good shave with a shark in any of my razors.
I only take them out to try them in a new razor to invariably find that I wish I hadn't.

Top Bottom