What's new

My face was eaten by a shark!

I have a tuck of Shark blades, never tried them as the reviews were so bad. Threw out the Derby blades and some other off brands. Most likely a dud blade to rip you up but if quality control is that bad why bother? I use GSB and get dud blades and just toss them right away. If the blade tugs or feels rough just stop the shave right then. I have several razors loaded and if one fails to perform well right away, it gets put aside and blade chucked. A new razor usually improves things.

When I bought my champagne gold postwar fat-handled Tech, the seller included not only a packet of Derby Premiums, but threw in one of Shark Super Chromes. I tried the latter in my '65 Travel Tech and had no troubles at all. Next I'm running one in my NEW Short Comb. IF I have any trouble I'll bin the blade for sure.

Yesterday I loaded up a fresh Super Chrome and proceeded to get an outstanding 2 pass BBS with my Ti95DC and here I am 24hrs later with the slightest bit of stubble!! Not even close to a 5 O'clock shadow!! Very close shave with zero irritation at all and the best part is I don't have to shave everyday with this combo and the main reason I switched to shaving every other day...

Here is a face caressed by the soft touch of a shark!

shark.jpg

Good evening gents,

I already tried many blades and within my humble experience i can say that most blades can be terrible in a certain razor but can also perform amazingly good on an other razor.

I recently bought a bunch of shark stainless steel blades. Using them in my current daily driver (e.g. Gentle Shaver from Giesen and Forsthoff) results in the best shaves I every had. Unlike other blades, I can use them up to 4 times before changing a blade.

Maybe you should give it a try in a second but different razor.

Cheers

Shark Super Chrome blades can be harsh on their first shave.

Shark Platinum blades are far better and as good as an Astra SP in my experience.

I bought 2000 Shark Plats I was so happy with them.
I have never tried the Shark Platinum. Liked the Shark Chrome, hated the SS. Love the Astra SP as well.

I mean some blades might physically have different proportions, I've heard Dorco are wider and so are more aggressive and require a different angle but unless you got a dud there shouldn't be any reason that the blade is cutting you up significantly more than any other blade. Either way, if you don't like something just move on to something else, the blades don't have feelings.

No analysis. Just a report of an excellent shave this morning with a Shark Super Stainless in my Tatara Masamune. Close, efficient, and smooth. Trumpers Skin Food as a preshave helped the TOBS cream. I should also mention that it was my 1st good experience with a boar brush (3rd shave with my Semogue 610). So life was good!

I got cocky and got bit by a shark on literally my last stroke!
bloody nick

However, the leftover lather that I let dry on my face a bit before washing it clean stopped the bleeding.

I don't remember getting any serious nick from a Shark SS ever.

Top Bottom