Since I stopped my fierce razor collecting some months ago I have been focused on simply enjoying daily wonderful shaves. And with my preference being mild razors on Feather blades, and having shaved with literally hundreds of razors over the last five years, I feel competent to judge for myself that the following 6 razors are as good as it gets shavewise for me:
- 1950 Gillette French market Tech (standard post-war head on rare hollow fat handle) - simple, modest & wonderful, no nonsense, my desert island razor and most used of all!
- 1947 Gillette Hybrid Tech - the smoothest shaver of all I ever tried, with more heft and luxurious rhodium feel.
- 1940s Reyna - all silver through and through, 125 grams of mini Mexican-made beast. Stunning glow and perfect hand fit once you get used to the short handle. And the most efficient of the six, I need to take a wee bit more care due to the weight, so a slower and immensely wonderful, almost meditative, shave experience. Love it!
- 2022 Timeless Titanium .68 on Alpha Shaving Techtanium handle - 44 grams of fast & nimble shave heaven.
- 1958 Gillette Aristocrat 4th gen razor - nickel plated from a #70 set - 2nd smoothest razor I ever tried and a cool TTO experience.
- 1930s Gillette Goodwill - smoothest OC by far, a magnificent mild shave.