What's new

MWF: 3+ @ $10.99/Puck

Well it's more, it's like $18, but then it's $10.99 if you buy 3 or more and $11.99 or something if you buy 2 or more.

It seems a little off that it would go down so much for 2 soaps, that's weird.

As usual the devil is in the shipping. The cheapest is $11.24 to my zip, which = $14.73 a puck. Good price if you need three, which is a LOT of MWF.

I think it's crazy that they want that much for shipping, since a USPS flat rate box could get at least 3 pucks in a small box.

I think it's crazy that they want that much for shipping, since a USPS flat rate box could get at least 3 pucks in a small box.

Well, my sources indicate that the puck is 80mm across. The $5.35 Priority Mail® Small Flat Rate Box is 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8". If I had 'em I'd know for sure, but my guess is that you cannot, in fact, fit three pucks in such a box. ON EDIT: OK, I did the geometry calculation. It turns out that they will in fact fit the $5.35 box, but not by much, and it's asking a lot to ask their web site to figure that out.

The next step is $11.35 Medium Flat Rate Box. That should do the job, but that's pretty much the same as the "crazy" shipping.

You are correct, however, that their parcel post rate to me in Boston corresponds to a package of about 6 pounds, and I doubt that 3 pucks, even very well packed, would work out to that much.

They sound like decent people. My suggestion is that if someone wants three pucks but is stopped by the shipping, drop 'em a note and ask them to take three pucks to their mailroom and give a price.

Last edited:
Holy crap, they want $54.99 for MWF in ceramic. And that price is without shipping to boot. This place is way overpriced IMHO

Holy crap, they want $54.99 for MWF in ceramic. And that price is without shipping to boot. This place is way overpriced IMHO

I find myself making apologies for these guys, which is really not what I want to do.

Take a look at their web site. They're in the washboard stuff business, not the shaving stuff business. My guess is that, one way or another, they wanted to sell MWF soap, and the shave stuff came along as a byproduct.

I'll bet they have no idea that $54.99 for MWF in ceramic is well above the prevailing price. And I'll also bet that they sell very little of it at that price.

This is where I've purchased MWF over the years. It's a retailer in the UK and I live in NY. It used to be a little cheaper but I think the price is still competitive.

The Old Apothecary

It's $15 shipped for one refill soap. It's $38 shipped for one soap and ceramic dish.

Top Bottom