What's new

Music or other shaving pleasures?

I usually shave in the morning, before work. So the music I listen to while shaving depends on the events of the last 24hrs or the next 24hrs.

If I have latent anger or something is bothering me: Nevermind by Leonard Cohen
If I am going all carpe diem: Run by Awolnation
If duties by God, King and country have been agreed and completed: We Are the Champions by Queen
If duties by God, King and country were initiated by the wife: Smooth Operator by Sade
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 24hrs: Anything from Cardi B or Nick Miniaj
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 48hrs: Anything from Marvin Gaye
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 72hrs: A.D.I.D.A.S by Korn
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 96hrs: The End by Doors

If I am shaving before fulfilling my duties to God, King and country: Flight of the Valkyries or Old Town Road by Lil Nas X.

I usually shave in the morning, before work. So the music I listen to while shaving depends on the events of the last 24hrs or the next 24hrs.

If I have latent anger or something is bothering me: Nevermind by Leonard Cohen
If I am going all carpe diem: Run by Awolnation
If duties by God, King and country have been agreed and completed: We Are the Champions by Queen
If duties by God, King and country were initiated by the wife: Smooth Operator by Sade
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 24hrs: Anything from Cardi B or Nick Miniaj
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 48hrs: Anything from Marvin Gaye
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 72hrs: A.D.I.D.A.S by Korn
If no duties by God, King and country in the last 96hrs: The End by Doors

If I am shaving before fulfilling my duties to God, King and country: Flight of the Valkyries or Old Town Road by Lil Nas X.
Interesting and very specific!

There nice Lo-Fi or Jazz Lounge videos on Youtube that hit the spot for me. Sometimes just some ambience noise like the Ocean or rain. Something relaxing.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Strangely enough, as a retired music teacher I do not listen to music as I shave.

I have a few issues:

I tend to dance around a little if standing while I listen to most music, and I don't need that kind of movement accompanying my shaving strokes.

I hate being cold, so much of the year I'm running a pretty hot shower. An addition eliminated the window in my shaving bathroom (but provided a very nice space for a brush shelf), so I have the exhaust fan directly overhead desperately trying to suck some of that steam/moisture out of the room (at least enough so I can see what I'm shaving in the mirror).

The older I get the longer it takes me to make a decision. You can imagine the size of my music collection and the ugly process of selection that would entail.

There is no speaker in my bathroom (or stereo, for that matter). Surely you don't expect a man of my musical pedigree to listen to music through the tiny speaker in my phone! I'd have to go down stairs and get the bluetooth speaker, bring it back upstairs (which would not only provide some exercise, but maybe entertainment for the neighbors as I run past the windows - I shave naked) and go to work. I don't think it takes me that long to shave!

It might be hard to listen to jazz while constantly reminding myself to use less pressure.

It's all just a bit too much. It's easier for me to just shave and then listen to the music. Downstairs, where I have the overpriced stereo system that every music teacher justifies for reasons beyond any logic known to man.

Top Bottom