What's new

Musgo Real

Hi folks....getting back into wet shaving after being away for a couple of years. I'm slowly building back my chops with a Schick L1 injector. This puppy gives me pretty good shave. Anyway, I've tried a lot of soaps/creams over the years, but I believe I've found the best one yet....Musgo Real (classic). I came across Musgo as I was looking for something else and decided to give it a try. This stuff works great for me. It's super slick, lathers easily, and has good cushion. The smell is pretty good as well. I've used it a few times now with no irritation, no razor burn, no weepers...just a good shave. My face feels pretty good afterwards too. Some soaps/creams left my face feeling tight or dry, but Musgo leaves my skin feeling great.

I highly recommend giving this stuff a try if you haven't already....it's a great performing cream.

I used that back when I first started, great product. Moved to other products and just never went back to it.

-Stephen

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I am decidedly not a fan of superlather, but a small dollop of Musgo Real cream on top of a puck of MWF is an unbelievable combination.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I tried Musgo (original) cream years ago when I started DE shaving. I thought it was OK but the overpowering scent didn't agree with me. The price has gone way up since I used it last.

Glad you like it, it gets great reviews here.

Have you tried Speick cream? One of my favorite commercial creams at a much lower price point than Musgo. Their aftershave products are great too...

Last edited:
I tried Musgo (original) cream years ago when I started DE shaving. I thought it was OK but the overpowering scent didn't agree with me. The price has gone way up since I used it last.

Glad you like it, it gets great reviews here.

Have you tried Speick cream? One of my favorite commercial creams at a much lower price point than Musgo. Their aftershave products are great too...

I thought it was a bit on the expensive side as well....but if it continues to give me great shaves...I'll stick with it.

Haven't tried the Speick cream, but do have the soap stick which I like ok....love speick aftershave though.

I'm a big fan of Orange Amber followed by Oakmoss then Spiced Citrus. Unbeatable slickness & comfort thanks to the lanolin, and post shave feel is excellent as well. Orange Amber, while maybe a bit subdued compared to other creams, is one of my overall favorite scents.

I thought it was a bit on the expensive side as well....but if it continues to give me great shaves...I'll stick with it.

used to be around $10, on Amazon... now, the cheapest is on eBay.
I have no idea why the price went up so much...

I wouldn't be surprised if Musgo just happened to have lost its US distributor and hasn't gotten a new one yet. It happens, and supply-and-demand pushes the price up. My suspicion is reinforced by finding several online shaving outlets that used to carry the product and no longer appear to, as well as the price going up wildly at others.

If this is so, it makes sense that once they have a new US distributor the price will settle. It used to be at the pricier end of the scale to begin with, at $12-15 a tube, but it was worth it.

Top Bottom